• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Road Rage

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Road Rage"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I know somebody who had one of his jets on the passenger side set to spray the car next to him. So when he went past a car with the top down he could spray the occupants. He was a bit of a tit though. He drove a Focus also!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Nope, just one the way to my hotel although I worked from home on Monday (on the balcony in gorgeous sunshine.) There was a fair bit of traffic as people were going home from their long weekend on the coast. Next week is another public holiday on Thursday which means a Friday off as well
    I was driving up through Germany on Monday, and even the roadworks around Hamburg were quiet. Must have been lucky I guess.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    You were working on Monday? Were the Germans at work? No wonder the roads were so quiet.
    Nope, just one the way to my hotel although I worked from home on Monday (on the balcony in gorgeous sunshine.) There was a fair bit of traffic as people were going home from their long weekend on the coast. Next week is another public holiday on Thursday which means a Friday off as well

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    I heard of some guy who did that windscreen washer thingy. The guy behind crashed his car and got a sprained ankle. His physio recommended rest, ice, compression, elevation.

Which was rice.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I heard of some guy who didn't do a windscreen washer post.
    Which was more than nice.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I heard of some guy who did that windscreen washer thingy. The guy behind got so annoyed that he followed him all the way to the south of France. Eventually caught up with him at a coastal town.

Which was Nice.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I heard of some guy who did that windscreen washer thingy. The guy behind caught up with him at a motorway services, and suggested they settle things amicably. So together they had cup of tea and a biscuit.

Which was Nice.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I heard of some guy who did that windscreen washer thingy. Had the jets set so they'd spray over his roof onto the car behind, except he filled his washer bottle with paint stripper.

One day he was being tailgated by a car so he sprayed it. But the guy had his sun roof open and the paint stripper went through and landed on the kids in the back , dissolving their eyes and making their heads smoke.

which was ,er, nice

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I heard of some guy who did that windscreen washer thingy. Had the jets set so they'd spray over his roof onto the car behind.

Did it one day on a slip road, driver behind backed off, then followed him home and stabbed him to death.

Which is nice.
    Are you suggesting Wilmslow will be stabed to death?

oh no

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    I heard of some guy who did that windscreen washer thingy. Had the jets set so they'd spray over his roof onto the car behind.

Did it one day on a slip road and the car behind was so dirty it got a free wash.

Which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I heard of some guy who did that windscreen washer thingy. Had the jets set so they'd spray over his roof onto the car behind, unless he was going over 60 mph in which case the jets hit his windscreen as normal.

Wanting to use his windscreen washer in the town centre one day, he ended up being chased by the fuzz. Naturally in order to do the windscreen washer thingy on them, he had to slow down, and they caught him when his water ran out. All cars involved in the chase had clear windscreens though...

Which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I heard of some guy who did that windscreen washer thingy. Had the jets set so they'd spray over his roof onto the car behind. One winter morning he tried to clear his windscreen of the salt and spray, and crashed into a tree.

Which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

Did it one day on a slip road, driver behind backed off, then followed him home and stabbed him to death.

Which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Same rules on an A road, come to that. A traffic cop will not do you for 80 in a 60 if you're overtaking a car doing 45, as long as you get back below 60 as soon as is reasonably practical.
    On the A303, on one of the single carriageway bits, there's a short stretch of hill where a second lane appears so you can overtake caravans, lorries, tractors etc. Then some ****ing moron sticks a speed camera at the top. All in the interests of safety of course.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Absolutely. The 'Executive' lane should be for scooby's only
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    my mate said my scooby was a chav car
    hang on, i'm not a car! altho its nice to know you want me to have my own lane!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X