• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bowel cleansing

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bowel cleansing"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I don't think you should be clearing it out unless there is a good medical reason.
    I think the fact that it's like Threaded is a good enough reason.
    (Full of sh!t.)

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    It is worth taking Fleet just to have a good ol' clearout?
    I had a mate who was pushing the benefits of a good clear out, 'it gets rid of all the old chewing gum' etc etc and various other bollards. Your bowel is full of stuff for a reason, I don't think you should be clearing it out unless there is a good medical reason.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    using the medicine called fleet as given by hospital...
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    most of it is out now, just gritty bits left! Both on same day, at least this time I know what to expect... I was expecting to be put under when it came to throat, and I started panicking when he just said 'when I tell you, swallow' then he rammed the camera in!!
    Woudl it involve taking a couple of days off work and just sitting at home and running to the toilet when needed?

I also had an endoscopy a few months back... one of the worst experiences but fortunately also very short.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    camera investigation tomorrow. Top and bottom
    Uh-ho! Something stuck? It's amazing what can 'pop up' when you sit down sharpish in a loose fitting dressing gown!

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Trust me, everything comes out...
    most of it is out now, just gritty bits left! Both on same day, at least this time I know what to expect... I was expecting to be put under when it came to throat, and I started panicking when he just said 'when I tell you, swallow' then he rammed the camera in!!

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    using the medicine called fleet as given by hospital... Definately not fun!
    Did all the old chewing gum come out ?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I had some pethidine a few weeks ago. It was rather pleasant.

I recall reading somewhere of a guy who took the bowel cleansing pill a day too early. So they had to reschedule his appointment to the following week. So he had to take another dose...

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    Hope they do the top first - or else make sure they wash the camera well

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    When I read the title of this thread..... I was sure it was Zeitys post

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Yes I know what pethedine is...

I meant that I thought they used a quick acting version of valium...
    Ah, well I'll have some of that too

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Yeah, man, I'll have some more of that please...

Though I thought it was a quick acting valium...
    Not quite, it's a synthesised alternative to morphine

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    pethadine

I agree that it's lovely stuff
    I must concur

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    'pethidine'
    I agree that it's lovely stuff

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Joking aside I've had both but not on the same day, top is worse than bottom as they only numb your throat which helps but you cant help but gag.

With the bottom you should get 'pethidine' which makes 1 hour seem like 5 minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X