• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rocky Balboa is a rip off"

Collapse

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko View Post
    Ok then I'll add a variation. Sasguru is an arm dealer selling guns to China troops, Lucy is fighting actively against the troops. They meet in Tibet, Lucy make him initially feel guilty of this traffic but when she discovers his bank account she marries him and they live happy thereafter selling arms to many other countries.

I could never marry someone who trades in body parts.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    That is a clear rip off of "When Harry met Sally"
    Yes, that would be the only way I could have an orgasm with you in the room.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Ok then I'll add a variation. Sasguru is an arm dealer selling guns to China troops, Lucy is fighting actively against the troops. They meet in Tibet, Lucy make him initially feel guilty of this traffic but when she discovers his bank account she marries him and they live happy thereafter selling arms to many other countries.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    ...it actually turned out to be quite emotionally involving and indeed quite original in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Maybe I was expecting too much. As a fan of the first four Rocky films I thought I was on Stallone's wavelength in regards the fifth.

Seeing him all haggard and showing his age reminded me of pensioner bashing. Not many positives in that!
    Well the fifth is a major change in the R history. Going from rich to poor, from glory to dawn, etc. I think it was still quite an interesting idea. The reason why the show was poor is because of Stallone getting involved too much in the script. He's not a director or a writer. He had the bright idea and inspiration for the first and the second, fair enough but he had to accept that he's not a professional writer and should have handled the script and direction to somebody else for 3-4-5. However, in the last one, I think that he put quite a lot of personal thoughts and it actually turned out to be quite emotionally involving and indeed quite original in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    If that happens I'll eat my own head.
    I'd delete that if I was you. Better to be on the safe side considering some of the strange couplings you see out and about.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Jason and the Argonauts is a Greek rip off of Noah and the Ark.
    hth

Or is it the other way round?
    Ray Harryhausen stole all that he knew from Aardman animation after seeing an early episode of Morph on Take Heart. Tony Heart in turn stole all his ideas from Rolf Harris.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Lucky you didn't say my head. I would have blown it off with a shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Pondlife loves 'Titanic' and is therefore crowned CUK Gay of the Day!

Congrats.

Wow! I've never really won a competition before. Especially against such stiff competition.

Must be all the man cream I've been using on my face to make me look less like a washed up pissy

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I am about to write a script for a romantic movie about two guys, sasguru and lucy. One is a middle manager with a cushy job which allows him to write more than 10000 posts on a forum and the other is a psychotic lunatic hippy who goes to public protests against Tibet and similar. The two meet up and after a long troubled relationship they finally marry and live happily for the rest of their lives.

If you base it on Fight Club with Sasguru as Ed Norton and Lucy as Brad Pitt, you'll be closer to the truth.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    The two meet up and after a long troubled relationship they finally marry and live happily for the rest of their lives.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I am about to write a script for a romantic movie about two guys, sasguru and lucy. One is a middle manager with a cushy job which allows him to write more than 10000 posts on a forum and the other is a psychotic lunatic hippy who goes to public protests against Tibet and similar. The two meet up and after a long troubled relationship they finally marry and live happily for the rest of their lives.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Besides this is not the point of the movie so you shouldn't watch movies with prejudices, that spoils everything.

Maybe I was expecting too much. As a fan of the first four Rocky films I thought I was on Stallone's wavelength in regards the fifth.

Seeing him all haggard and showing his age reminded me of pensioner bashing. Not many positives in that!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Have you ever had an original idea in your life?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    from the South Park Episode "Simpsons Already Did It"

Meanwhile, Butters, in his role as Professor Chaos, has been trying to figure out a way to bring disarray to the town. When he plots to block out the sun, his assistant, General Disarray, informs him that it mirrors a plot of Mr. Burns from The Simpsons. Not wanting to do a repeat of something already done on The Simpsons, he then decides to cut the head off of the town's central statue — which mirrors Bart Simpson's decapitation of Springfield's Jebediah Springfield statue. On the news report, the newscaster interprets Butters' vandalism as a homage to The Simpsons. Butters then attempts to devise other evil schemes, but Disarray keeps pointing out that every one of Butters' plans (aside from being ridiculous) has also already been done on The Simpsons. Butters watches every single Simpsons episode to try and do something that the show hasn't done yet, creating a stupid device. While he is explaining the device, Disarray remarks, "I think The Simpsons would be more clever than that." Right as Butters is about to put his device into use, a Simpsons commercial announces that Bart is going to do the exact same thing in that night's episode. Butters finally goes insane, seeing the entire town as if it were The Simpsons' town of Springfield.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X