• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rocky Balboa is a rip off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    The two meet up and after a long troubled relationship they finally marry and live happily for the rest of their lives.
    If that happens I'll eat my own head.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I am about to write a script for a romantic movie about two guys, sasguru and lucy. One is a middle manager with a cushy job which allows him to write more than 10000 posts on a forum and the other is a psychotic lunatic hippy who goes to public protests against Tibet and similar. The two meet up and after a long troubled relationship they finally marry and live happily for the rest of their lives.

If you base it on Fight Club with Sasguru as Ed Norton and Lucy as Brad Pitt, you'll be closer to the truth.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        Pondlife loves 'Titanic' and is therefore crowned CUK Gay of the Day!

Congrats.

Wow! I've never really won a competition before. Especially against such stiff competition.

Must be all the man cream I've been using on my face to make me look less like a washed up pissy

Comment

Lucky you didn't say my head. I would have blown it off with a shotgun.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Jason and the Argonauts is a Greek rip off of Noah and the Ark.
            hth

Or is it the other way round?
            Ray Harryhausen stole all that he knew from Aardman animation after seeing an early episode of Morph on Take Heart. Tony Heart in turn stole all his ideas from Rolf Harris.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'd delete that if I was you. Better to be on the safe side considering some of the strange couplings you see out and about.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Maybe I was expecting too much. As a fan of the first four Rocky films I thought I was on Stallone's wavelength in regards the fifth.

Seeing him all haggard and showing his age reminded me of pensioner bashing. Not many positives in that!
                Well the fifth is a major change in the R history. Going from rich to poor, from glory to dawn, etc. I think it was still quite an interesting idea. The reason why the show was poor is because of Stallone getting involved too much in the script. He's not a director or a writer. He had the bright idea and inspiration for the first and the second, fair enough but he had to accept that he's not a professional writer and should have handled the script and direction to somebody else for 3-4-5. However, in the last one, I think that he put quite a lot of personal thoughts and it actually turned out to be quite emotionally involving and indeed quite original in my opinion.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

...it actually turned out to be quite emotionally involving and indeed quite original in my opinion.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

That is a clear rip off of "When Harry met Sally"
                    Ok then I'll add a variation. Sasguru is an arm dealer selling guns to China troops, Lucy is fighting actively against the troops. They meet in Tibet, Lucy make him initially feel guilty of this traffic but when she discovers his bank account she marries him and they live happy thereafter selling arms to many other countries.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

That is a clear rip off of "When Harry met Sally"
                      Yes, that would be the only way I could have an orgasm with you in the room.

Comment

Working...
                      X