• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just seen a motorway crash"

Collapse

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Jammy B*st*rd View Post
    .. On the M25, heading home from the client's, going past this 18 wheel trailer in the centre lane. While going past him, he signalled to go right, and did so, without checking his (what i found out later to be) his far side mirror (dutch trailer), and clipped me. ..
    Sounds like the Dutch have the same system as Germany where I believe once a bus or truck starts indicating, they then have the right of way. After that they can and do barge out regardless, and if any poor sod is in the way then tough luck.

Seems crazy to me, but maybe it's more efficient in a "power before sail" kind of way assuming cars are more manoeuvrable than juggernauts.

Leave a comment:

• Jammy B*st*rd
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I'd say those trousers were well and truly ruined what with egg on the front and 'chocolate' in the back!
    Lol...... it happened so fast i think i only started thinking about wtf just happened on the way home in a cab.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I'd say those trousers were well and truly ruined what with egg on the front and 'chocolate' in the back!

On the plus side, no need to pack a hamper next time you go for a picnic.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jammy B*st*rd View Post
    I had one of these around 18 months ago.

On the M25, heading home from the client's, going past this 18 wheel trailer in the centre lane. While going past him, he signalled to go right, and did so, without checking his (what i found out later to be) his far side mirror (dutch trailer), and clipped me. Went flying across the right lane, into the central reservation, car went on for 80-90 yards scraping against the divider.

I just remember thinking **** what a day to die (This after squeezing my egg roll a bit to hard during breakfast and getting yolk all over my trousers earlier in the day).

Thankfully no injuries.. if there was another vehicle in the right lane i would have been well and truly f*ked.

Still drive to work though )

Leave a comment:

• Jammy B*st*rd
    replied
    I had one of these around 18 months ago.

On the M25, heading home from the client's, going past this 18 wheel trailer in the centre lane. While going past him, he signalled to go right, and did so, without checking his (what i found out later to be) his far side mirror (dutch trailer), and clipped me. Went flying across the right lane, into the central reservation, car went on for 80-90 yards scraping against the divider.

I just remember thinking **** what a day to die (This after squeezing my egg roll a bit to hard during breakfast and getting yolk all over my trousers earlier in the day).

Thankfully no injuries.. if there was another vehicle in the right lane i would have been well and truly f*ked.

Still drive to work though )

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Mafia loons from hell with vans outside my house (aggressive loons at that!)

Torn over standing to the loon, or moving to a nice detached, but in an area not so nice. (Real nice big house at a bargain price, but, in a mass housing estate - bleurgh!)

Guy psising on my shoes at work

A client (soon to be boss) who calls me in the evenings for random chats

Having to go permie in the depressing current contract climate

On the plus side, had a very foxy estate agent come round tonight - phwoar, is all I can say. That nice, husky voice really hooked me into working with her....
    << canned laughter >>

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What else has gone wrong?
    Mafia loons from hell with vans outside my house (aggressive loons at that!)

Torn over standing to the loon, or moving to a nice detached, but in an area not so nice. (Real nice big house at a bargain price, but, in a mass housing estate - bleurgh!)

Guy psising on my shoes at work

A client (soon to be boss) who calls me in the evenings for random chats

Having to go permie in the depressing current contract climate

On the plus side, had a very foxy estate agent come round tonight - phwoar, is all I can say. That nice, husky voice really hooked me into working with her....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The way my month is going - very likely!!!
    What else has gone wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think he meant "answer the phone call"...
    Indeed. Would be a very impressive response to get there in 60 secs!

Having said that, the Traffic Officers are always around that stretch of the road - seems to be one in each direction always sweeping the area. There are many accidents on that road - I reckon they must be the busiest ones in the country.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by scooby View Post
    took the cops over a min to get there, as the traffic in Oldham was bad! thanks to that copper, they also opened up the road for me as i followed them through and got home quicker!

they dont sit 100yrds up the road waiting for something to happen... how would they know where the accident is going to happen? give em a break.
    I think he meant "answer the phone call"...

Leave a comment:

• WallySan
    replied
    Don't be so hard on him

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    A bit left of field I know, but have you considered contracting as a work and lifestyle change?

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Soon you'll be receiving you public service award of 3 points and 60 quid for either using a mobile when driving, or in the event you did have hands free they could always pick not being in proper control of a motor vehicle instead.....

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    J21/22 Milnrow / Shaw on the M62 East. I was going West.

I saw this car floating above the others - was into the reservation barrier, span round, max speed to zero in seconds.

Looks like the driver was in one piece as she appeared to be sat upright as opposed to a mangled mess.

Police took over a minute to answer the call. Radio said road was closed for only 20 mins or so, hence looks like she was shaken, but in one piece.

Think that will stay with me for a while though, I was worried that she was going to go over and smack into me.

Very windy weather - appeared to be an old lightweight car - she was either clipped, or, just got blown over. Makes you think seeing that.

took the cops over a min to get there, as the traffic in Oldham was bad! thanks to that copper, they also opened up the road for me as i followed them through and got home quicker!

they dont sit 100yrds up the road waiting for something to happen... how would they know where the accident is going to happen? give em a break.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Police took over a minute to answer the call. Radio said road was closed for only 20 mins or so, hence looks like she was shaken, but in one piece.
    Soon you'll be receiving you public service award of 3 points and 60 quid for either using a mobile when driving, or in the event you did have hands free they could always pick not being in proper control of a motor vehicle instead.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X