• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What I learned on CUK today ..."

Collapse

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Of course not - I just got sick of updating my signature.

Outing my weight on here was the best thing I ever did, as it really spurred me on - but I dont need that anymore.

Was 19-11
    Currently 16-6
    Flippin eck - I've only been gone 3 months! Well done! (I've lost five pounds meself - three legged horse).

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    OS, I have been to the Coach and Horses, when I lived in Barnes around 2000. Can't remember much about it,, although most of the pubs in Barnes are decent enough. I used to go more to the one that was next to the car showroom (the Bull something?). More recently I have started going north of the river to Chiswick and quite like the small locals in Sheen - a very underrated area IMHO.
    Is the Bull's Head - which is the one with the live jazz in the back room, situated on the river by the small mini roundabout?

The Sun Inn was the place to be when I drank in Barnes.

Sheen is nice, Mrs Jog was born and bred there, we go there quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Outing my weight on here was the best thing I ever did, as it really spurred me on - but I dont need that anymore.

Was 19-11
    Currently 16-6

well done!

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Was 19-11
    Currently 16-6
    And when's the date again Sal? Well done!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied

Was 19-11
    Currently 16-6
    Go girl. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    What happened to the diet Sally? are you off the wagon?

Was 19-11
    Currently 16-6

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I learned that sasguru doesn't put spaces after the hyphens at the start of the first three lines of his post, but does for the remaining three lines.

Unfortunately this is insufficient to determine what his overall strategy might be:
    • No spaces for the first three items, but spaces thereafter;
    • No spaces for the first three, then spaces for the three after that, then no spaces for the next three, ad infinitum, ad nauseam;
    • No spaces for the first 50% of items in the list, rounding down in the case of a list having an odd number of items;
    • No spaces for the first 50% of items in the list, rounding up in the case of a list having an odd number of items;
    • No spaces according to alternating values in the Fibonacci sequence (starting with the fourth value therein) meaning three no-spaces, five spaces, eight no-spaces, thirteen spaces...
    • A random sequence of spaces and no spaces, which just happened to have an initial value which on this occasion was equal to 50% of the total number of items in the list, thereby creating the illusion of purpose;
    • Another strategy that I haven't been able to discern the manifestation of.

(I also learned that he doesn't use the list input capability of the forum software, but I'm not sure if this is due to his being unaware of it, disliking its admittedly poor user interface, or just being contrary. Or, once again, some reason that I cannot discern.)
    You are from the atw school of autism and I claim my 5 free social worker visits.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    OS, I have been to the Coach and Horses, when I lived in Barnes around 2000. Can't remember much about it,, although most of the pubs in Barnes are decent enough. I used to go more to the one that was next to the car showroom (the Bull something?). More recently I have started going north of the river to Chiswick and quite like the small locals in Sheen - a very underrated area IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Who many think sasguru not aware and how many think contrary?
    Both.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I learned that sasguru doesn't put spaces after the hyphens at the start of the first three lines of his post, but does for the remaining three lines.

Unfortunately this is insufficient to determine what his overall strategy might be:
    • No spaces for the first three, then spaces for the three after that, then no spaces for the next three, ad infinitum, ad nauseam;
    • No spaces for the first 50% of items in the list, rounding down in the case of a list having an odd number of items;
    • No spaces for the first 50% of items in the list, rounding up in the case of a list having an odd number of items;
    • No spaces according to alternating values in the Fibonacci sequence (starting with the fourth value therein) meaning three no-spaces, five spaces, eight no-spaces, thirteen spaces...
    • A random sequence of spaces and no spaces, which just happened to have an initial value which on this occasion was equal to 50% of the total number of items in the list, thereby creating the illusion of purpose;

(I also learned that he doesn't use the list input capability of the forum software, but I'm not sure if this is due to his being unaware of it, disliking its admittedly poor user interface, or just being contrary. Or, once again, some reason that I cannot discern.)

Who many think sasguru not aware and how many think contrary?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    -Lucy has passed some bulltulipe noddy exam
    -Some German bloke married a chick with a willy
    -EO used to dress up as a gaylord and didn't have a fight with the Hells Angels
    - OracleSlave hates Sean Connery
    - HRH is a tool as always
    - Gordon Brown looks like a simpering nonce (but that's not news)

HTH

Last edited by NickFitz; 15 April 2008, 01:02. Reason: clarification

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I never have a clue what any thread on CUK is about anymore so this sort of summary is great. Can it be a regular feature?
    I think that's a good idea.

A kind of Epilogue.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I never have a clue what any thread on CUK is about anymore so this sort of summary is great. Can it be a regular feature?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    What happened to the diet Sally? are you off the wagon?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    shall we tell you what we learned about you?
    Ooooh yes please

Leave a comment:

Working...
X