• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hells Angels

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hells Angels"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    How would you suggest I do that here, even assuming I cared the slightest whether anyone believes it or not?
    You pop out your puppies and take a digital photo of yourself standing infront of your pc which has your profile page open. Post a link to that photo. Change your avatar to that photo should do it.
    Put a bag over your head to remain anonymous and if/or you are a munter.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Anyways, we were sitting around the campfire one night, near Otterspool,
    Otterspool near Marple?

I used to frequent the Hare & Hounds in the mid eighties, great place.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Of course FG posts links to Norks every day - how do we know that the norks belong to that person?

I think we need a nork investigation squad...

I could be Jack Strycker, Chief Inspector, Nork Squad...oh what fun I could have!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    All the same, I would want to see norks!!!
    Of course FG posts links to Norks every day - how do we know that the norks belong to that person?

I think we need a nork investigation squad...

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    especially the logical ones...

now if atw claimed to be a woman, I would have believed him/her.
    All the same, I would want to see norks!!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Great story EO and I liked it.

Several of my friends do re-enactment and listening to their stories is a source of much amusement. (They do full-contact, as opposed to just poncing around looking good)

They are completely obsessed with learning their craft though, and they do practice for hours every week on weapon drills, mock fighting, etc.

So compared to a Hell's Angel who basically only knows how to hold and stab with a knife, and a re-enactment nutter who knows all 17 styles of Rigaletti (or whatever it is called) with a rapier, I know where my money will go.
    Well, tell your friends about this one.
    We were up against the luncefords, placed well away from the crowd, so the punters wouldn't get upset by the blood and snot. The Luncefords always wore pure white lambskin jerkins which really made them stand out, and I admit they looked good. They outnumbered us two to one so we changed from pikes to muskets, and I was kneeling in the front rank. We loaded and got the order to give fire, so we touched the fuse into the touch holes and BANG, very spectacular, clouds of blue smoke rolled towards the Luncefords.
    The guy standing directly behind me had a hang-fire, thats where the powder burns slow through the touch hole. The musket is going to go off, but noone knows when. So he lowers the barrel to check the pan and , bang, I got it right in the back of the neck.
    I woke up five minutes later with no skin on my neck, and my ears rang like I been put in a biscuit tin with two skeletons having a w@nk.
    Funny enough we did better in the pike push with less men, because no one wants a red hot musket barrel pressed against their face. After they cooled down we got creamed though. Oh to be young again

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Great story EO and I liked it.

Several of my friends do re-enactment and listening to their stories is a source of much amusement. (They do full-contact, as opposed to just poncing around looking good)

They are completely obsessed with learning their craft though, and they do practice for hours every week on weapon drills, mock fighting, etc.

So compared to a Hell's Angel who basically only knows how to hold and stab with a knife, and a re-enactment nutter who knows all 17 styles of Rigaletti (or whatever it is called) with a rapier, I know where my money will go.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    We generally assume "women" that post on here are blokes until we get proof!!! Sorry!!!
    especially the logical ones...

now if atw claimed to be a woman, I would have believed him/her.

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    How would you suggest I do that here, even assuming I cared the slightest whether anyone believes it or not?
    hmm, how do you prove you're not a Bavarian farmers wife.... actually I have no Idea, can you yodel?

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    Prove it....

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    I *beg* your pardon! We women who post here aren't all Bavarian farmers' wives you know.
    Prove it....

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    such as Pudelnacht in Oberbayern, classic.
    ... released in '69. Perfect timing.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I *beg* your pardon! We women who post here aren't all Bavarian farmers' wives you know.
    Shame, I know some quite fit Bavarian farmers wives. There's a series of German smut (as in Carry on style but a bit ruder) which center around farmers from that area, such as Pudelnacht in Oberbayern, classic.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    I boughtsome Rothmans Super Kings out in LA and they are certified grow up cigarettes.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    We generally assume "women" that post on here are blokes until we get proof!!! Sorry!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X