• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hurrah! I passed!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hurrah! I passed!"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Thanks slave!

and Bogey!
    No worries girl.

You're not Amy Winehouse are you?

That rather louche pose on the 1940s couch got me wondering.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Well done on the exam.
    Thanks slave!

and Bogey!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Congratulations Lucy!!

How long to go before you can start a practice/generate an income out of it?
    Thanks RH, you are a sweetie!

Ages. I want to do a load of other courses and a Diploma in Counselling. I'm feeling pretty unravelled since rehab, so it's good to have something to focus on.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Well done!

I hope I don't need to use your professional services though.
    I tried it and believe you me I felt far worse afterwards. I hope Lucy does not get anyone litigious.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Just got my written assignment back from the Intro to Counselling course I did and I've passed.

Tutor said I was a lively and significant member of the group!

Congratulations Lucy!!

How long to go before you can start a practice/generate an income out of it?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    The trauma is pretty personal and horrific so I won't go into it here, if you don't mind.
    she went on a speed dating night and HRH, AndyW, Chico and AtW were all there.. nuff said

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I've learned to ignore them.

The trauma is pretty personal and horrific so I won't go into it here, if you don't mind. I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.
    The phrase "Attention seeking bunny boiler" springs to mind. But hey hum.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    To be serious for a mo, pretty sure I have read about a study a couple of years back that shows counselling can cause more problems than it solves. The emphasis now (or perhaps this is last week's wisdom, hard to keep up with health issues) is on practical measures like relaxation, exercise and simple mind techniques.

PS And "massage", cheers me up anyway.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Well done on the exam.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    The trauma is pretty personal and horrific so I won't go into it here, if you don't mind. I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.
    The phrase "hostage to fortune" springs to mind.

If you were serious then I can't imagine why you would ever post that on a public bulletin board full of cynics and piss takers.

Congrats anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Well done Lucy
    Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Oh dear, some of the pervy guys round here will have a field day with that phrase.

Crikey, if it isn't a personal question, what was the nature of your trauma?
    I've learned to ignore them.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Is that where the counsellor rogers his patient?
    So, you were the perv that Morris was just referring to.....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It was really just an intro to counselling in the person centred rogerian style.
    Is that where the counsellor rogers his patient?

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    It was really just an intro to counselling in the person centred rogerian style.
    Oh dear, some of the pervy guys round here will have a field day with that phrase.

I have complex post traumatic stress disorder so I've had loads of therapy and think it's a really interesting area, and I really want to get out of IT.
    Crikey, if it isn't a personal question, what was the nature of your trauma?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X