• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mugabe is nearly gone"

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

That's "nearly gone" as in "Still fecking there & killing people" 10 years later.

The wonders of 20:20 hindsight.

I wonder how much longer the obnoxious bastard will last.
    More to the point. Where is chef?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Looks like he's going nowhere in a hurry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7327725.stm

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Sorry

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Can you clarify that please?
    Bad fingers day!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    He was corrupt, only looking-after his own supporters, mismanaged the economy, forced the best people to flee the country and a lot of companies to close down, rampant inflation, etc, etc.
    Just to clarify, I am referring to G. Brown.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Just to calrify
    Can you clarify that please?

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    About to be-deposed leader

He was corrupt, only looking-after his own supporters, mismanaged the economy, forced the best people to flee the country and a lot of companies to close down, rampant inflation, etc, etc.
    Just to clarify, I am referring to Robert Mugabe.
    Last edited by Dow Jones; 3 April 2008, 09:49.

Leave a comment:

• sapcoder
    replied
    Bob Bob going ... gone

So Bob is going, lets hope they don't all fight for the BMW and Presi chopper. Morgan C can be no worse, can he? No impossible.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    could be time to start buying property over there

Milan.
    Yes, even you could afford a farm at 20 gazillion zim dollars.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    could be time to start buying property over there

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Morgan will be only slightly less bad. Sad, cos I love that continent.
    I think that is a little harsh and probably a bit early to make that call. Morgan's history is as a trade unionist and human rights activist. Not exactly cut from the same cloth as teacher Bob then is he. If he gets in he obviously has a huge restoration job to do but to suggest he is only marginally better than Bob the mass murderer (see Gukurahandi) is unfair imho.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Trust me, in Africa there are only levels of bad. I know - I was born there.
    Most Africans I know share your view, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Please let's hope Mad Bob is ousted - and Morgan isn't just as bad.
    Trust me, in Africa there are only levels of bad. I know - I was born there.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Please let's hope Mad Bob is ousted - and Morgan isn't just as bad.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Controller
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Were they having presidential elections too - could he fiddle that one and not the parliamentary one?
    Yes, the parliament has little real power. Losing control of parliament would not in itself cause a problem for Mugabe. Problems may flow from it of course.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Were they having presidential elections too - could he fiddle that one and not the parliamentary one?

MM in "no clue about the constitution of Zimbabwe" mode.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X