• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The I Hate London Thread"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    No doubt the taxpayer will be bailing them out soon. What is the difference between a recession and a depression? In a depression bankers also lose their jobs.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Also there are a lot of advertising/PR/media/FMB types as well
    Indeed, and most of them seem to work at NewClientCorp

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I'm going for lunch now (Fuzzy's Grub) and I know that I will see plenty 9/10 - 10/10 FMBs.

What's not to like?
    Absolutely!

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    But on the other hand there are lots of hedge funds in Mayfair losing lots of money.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    More evidence that London really can be carp sometimes.

Terminal 5 - baggage chaos - carp

Millenium Bridge - too wobbly - carp

Millenium Dome - carp

Wembley Stadium - late and over budget (but only just not carp)

Bendy Buses - carp
    But on the other hand there are lots of hedge funds in Mayfair making lots of money.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    More evidence that London really can be cr4p sometimes.

Terminal 5 - baggage chaos - cr4p

Millenium Bridge - too wobbly - cr4p

Millenium Dome - cr4p

Wembley Stadium - late and over budget (but only just not cr4p)

Bendy Buses - cr4p

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Really?

I try and avoid getting Boots Meal deals as they are a rip off. I prefer M&S if I'm that hungry.
    Fuzzy's Grub > everything else. Are there any Fuzzy's up North or outside the city/West End?

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Yes I usually go to Bertorelli's, The Ivy or Benihana's
    See above quote re Fuzzy's

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    London's much better than the place I come from.
    But I've noticed 2 odd things about Londoners

(1) You can get to a pedestrian crossing, find 2 dozen of them already waiting, and yet nobody's pressed the button. You have to shove through 3 rows of them to get to it and press it yourself

(2) They put their umbrellas up when it's cloudy but not actually raining
    (1) That will be the killer cyclists

(2) My girlfriend does that and people comment about it in the street

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Because you want to scream "cheer up it might ******* never happen".

The average common sense factor is zero.

There is probably a lot of HR bods there.

Also there are a lot of advertising/PR/media/FMB types as well

I'm going for lunch now (Fuzzy's Grub) and I know that I will see plenty 9/10 - 10/10 FMBs.

What's not to like?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Great The husband of a friend of mine works for the underground and recently told me 'that no one takes a day sick on the underground as it looks too dodgy so they always take a week instead', this guy had a taken a week of sick so he could decorate his house, what about doing it in the 6-8 weeks holiday he gets a year !
    I used to do this when I was a permie. I had a "chronic chest infection" but still managed to fit a new kitchen and do a garden makeover, all on full sick pay for a few weeks. One of the only great things of being a permie was 5 weeks paid holiday plus 3 on the "sick" every year.

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Great The husband of a friend of mine works for the underground and recently told me 'that no one takes a day sick on the underground as it looks too dodgy so they always take a week instead', this guy had a taken a week of sick so he could decorate his house, what about doing it in the 6-8 weeks holiday he gets a year !

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    A 72-hour strike on the London Underground is planned by rail unions in a row over safety.

A strike from 1830 GMT on 6 April to 9 April is planned by the Rail Maritime and Transport (RMT) union and Transport Salaried Staffs Association (TSSA).
    Being obstructive, vindictive gits who spend all day underground on their arse.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Are you suggesting the man start to read his own posts

Im harmless, you just need to get to know me.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Topical ....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7318064.stm

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    - 60 min commute direct into Liv St (ok that's the only downside)
    - No chavs living next door / opposite
    They can't be that far away if you're a 60 minute commute into Liv St...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    You need to surf more, although he is up there, there're, believe it or not, much more cretinous types out there.
    Are you suggesting the man start to read his own posts

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    Supremespod was in my top 5 cretins of the web for a long time....what an arse that man was.
    You need to surf more, although he is up there, there're, believe it or not, much more cretinous types out there.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Woof!

Supremespod was in my top 5 cretins of the web for a long time....what an arse that man was.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X