• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Easter weekend

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Easter weekend"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Haven't you worked out how to make tantrum monster tired yet?

Anyway I'm off to visit family and friends' whose children are now polite teenagers and preteens except one. Well they polite to me as I've got them well trained from being toddlers.
    Usually we walk around the hill and run around the back garden a few times. I'm pretty pooped by this time and leave him too it. After 10 minutes he comes in and after a bath drops to a nice long nap (3hrs.) However...with the rain and wind the back garden was in no shape to run around in. I've been chasing him up and down the hallways of my office building - I am a work today! - and fed him a nice homemade pasta in cheese sauce for tea with some orange and a banana - and he is now by himself watching the cars drive by.

peace at last!

The nursery have nothing but good things to say about him. For the first month in the his new one we just switched to..all they ever said was "he is so clever". He is now in potty training - sort of. He does tell you after he's done the deed. Walks up to you. turns around. lets you inspect. then runs off. ha ha

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Just changed the oil in the <spit> Passat <spit>
    Hmm...you've reminded me to do mine...uggh.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Built a wheel for my regular commuter bicycle.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Judging by the lack of posting on the forum on a Good Friday afternoon.

Us real contractors are still hard at work.

yeah!....of course .....hard at ....work

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Quite excited

It's weird though furthest I've been and you think to yourself people should be talking a different language have different customs, you know? The last thing you expect when arranging a B&B for the night is to be talking to a man from Dundee - it's all very strange, you go so far and I've managed to end up back where I started, or so it feels. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.... why don't i just go up to Fife instead? Ahh because they don't have palm trees...

Yeah, I found that the first time I went to Australia.

Travel 24 hours on a cylinder unnaturally supported 35,000 feet in the air and land in a totally different place which looks much the same as the place you left (with the exception of some strange bouncy animals and aninexplicable dislike of poms).

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Well you can see it's mostly permies (err disguised employees) here

Judging by the lack of posting on the forum on a Good Friday afternoon.

Us real contractors are still hard at work.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post

No, I'll be at home with the tantrum monster who refused to sleep, do anything I ask and generally make a mess. Thankfully he will eventually get to sleep and I can have 1 hour to de-stress. The wife will then arrive home all cheerful from indulging in her obessive and compulsive behaviour to rant on me about leaving one single sock lying around - and why isn't supper ready? Could hell be any worse? someone shoot me now!
    Haven't you worked out how to make tantrum monster tired yet?

Anyway I'm off to visit family and friends' whose children are now polite teenagers and preteens except one. Well they polite to me as I've got them well trained from being toddlers.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    My wife thinks we are going out for the day tomorrow.

So I fully expect to sit in a traffic jam, listening to bored kids argue and fight in the back who will sulk when I shout at them after having listened to them argue for the past hour while having moved the distance between two cats eyes. I will arrive stressed and in a bad mood at some god awful crowded place where I shiver my @rse off all day in the Artic blasts until I can get back to warmth of the car and sit the same traffic jam (reversed) all the way home, having to endure the same cr@p arguments from the back seats. I expect will arrive back home, craving a beer, significantly lighter in terms of cash and contemplating where I could bury 3 bodies!

Happy days!
    I let my wife do all the terrible stuff like sitting in traffic jams. wadling round the uhhh whateever they're called..For some reason she enjoys sitting in traffic jams and goes out of her way to get in to them...for when she returns..a car that had a full tank of fuel is now empty. And she allegedly has only gone from one end of the m65 to the other (and back).

No, I'll be at home with the tantrum monster who refused to sleep, do anything I ask and generally make a mess. Thankfully he will eventually get to sleep and I can have 1 hour to de-stress. The wife will then arrive home all cheerful from indulging in her obessive and compulsive behaviour to rant on me about leaving one single sock lying around - and why isn't supper ready? Could hell be any worse? someone shoot me now!

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Joyfully awaiting the arrival of the Travis Perkins lorry which will bountifully supply me with enough timber, plasterboard and screws to put up several thousand acres of stud wall before the plasterer comes on Wednesday.

That's my Easter sorted

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Quite excited

It's weird though furthest I've been and you think to yourself people should be talking a different language have different customs, you know? The last thing you expect when arranging a B&B for the night is to be talking to a man from Dundee - it's all very strange, you go so far and I've managed to end up back where I started, or so it feels. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.... why don't i just go up to Fife instead? Ahh because they don't have palm trees...

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Flying to New Zealand tomorrow...

Lucky you!!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Flying to New Zealand tomorrow...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Been working hard since 7:30 this morning and will continue until about 18:00 then down the pub and onto the Kegelbahn then pub again. Tomorrow will be work, footie, pub. Then Sunday will be hangover, work and Monday will be work and then drive down to work, Boring but mind you the shops are shut Friday and Monday here and its not worth going out cos its bloody freezing and windy anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Moving house

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    se do bheatha abhaille, colleen!

Spending the weekend in the back of beyond & not taking anything that plugs in. But my train doesn't leave until early afternoon so in true Contractor style, putting in a few hours onsite in the morning. Rude not to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X