• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easter weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying to New Zealand tomorrow...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Flying to New Zealand tomorrow...

Lucky you!!!
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Quite excited

It's weird though furthest I've been and you think to yourself people should be talking a different language have different customs, you know? The last thing you expect when arranging a B&B for the night is to be talking to a man from Dundee - it's all very strange, you go so far and I've managed to end up back where I started, or so it feels. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.... why don't i just go up to Fife instead? Ahh because they don't have palm trees...
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Joyfully awaiting the arrival of the Travis Perkins lorry which will bountifully supply me with enough timber, plasterboard and screws to put up several thousand acres of stud wall before the plasterer comes on Wednesday.

That's my Easter sorted

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            My wife thinks we are going out for the day tomorrow.

So I fully expect to sit in a traffic jam, listening to bored kids argue and fight in the back who will sulk when I shout at them after having listened to them argue for the past hour while having moved the distance between two cats eyes. I will arrive stressed and in a bad mood at some god awful crowded place where I shiver my @rse off all day in the Artic blasts until I can get back to warmth of the car and sit the same traffic jam (reversed) all the way home, having to endure the same cr@p arguments from the back seats. I expect will arrive back home, craving a beer, significantly lighter in terms of cash and contemplating where I could bury 3 bodies!

Happy days!
            I let my wife do all the terrible stuff like sitting in traffic jams. wadling round the uhhh whateever they're called..For some reason she enjoys sitting in traffic jams and goes out of her way to get in to them...for when she returns..a car that had a full tank of fuel is now empty. And she allegedly has only gone from one end of the m65 to the other (and back).

No, I'll be at home with the tantrum monster who refused to sleep, do anything I ask and generally make a mess. Thankfully he will eventually get to sleep and I can have 1 hour to de-stress. The wife will then arrive home all cheerful from indulging in her obessive and compulsive behaviour to rant on me about leaving one single sock lying around - and why isn't supper ready? Could hell be any worse? someone shoot me now!
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post

No, I'll be at home with the tantrum monster who refused to sleep, do anything I ask and generally make a mess. Thankfully he will eventually get to sleep and I can have 1 hour to de-stress. The wife will then arrive home all cheerful from indulging in her obessive and compulsive behaviour to rant on me about leaving one single sock lying around - and why isn't supper ready? Could hell be any worse? someone shoot me now!
              Haven't you worked out how to make tantrum monster tired yet?

Anyway I'm off to visit family and friends' whose children are now polite teenagers and preteens except one. Well they polite to me as I've got them well trained from being toddlers.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well you can see it's mostly permies (err disguised employees) here

Judging by the lack of posting on the forum on a Good Friday afternoon.

Us real contractors are still hard at work.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Quite excited

It's weird though furthest I've been and you think to yourself people should be talking a different language have different customs, you know? The last thing you expect when arranging a B&B for the night is to be talking to a man from Dundee - it's all very strange, you go so far and I've managed to end up back where I started, or so it feels. There's something fundamentally wrong with that.... why don't i just go up to Fife instead? Ahh because they don't have palm trees...

Yeah, I found that the first time I went to Australia.

Travel 24 hours on a cylinder unnaturally supported 35,000 feet in the air and land in a totally different place which looks much the same as the place you left (with the exception of some strange bouncy animals and aninexplicable dislike of poms).

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Judging by the lack of posting on the forum on a Good Friday afternoon.

Us real contractors are still hard at work.

yeah!....of course .....hard at ....work

Comment

Built a wheel for my regular commuter bicycle.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X