• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easter weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Off to my private island for some relaxation.

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/mcgibbon-island.htm

Same price as a Pasatt diesel.
    DP your fantasising has reached the Threaded level. You've convinced yourself that you're rich, haven't you?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

That island is only £15K.

Even you could afford that. Probably.

Comment

My wife thinks we are going out for the day tomorrow.

So I fully expect to sit in a traffic jam, listening to bored kids argue and fight in the back who will sulk when I shout at them after having listened to them argue for the past hour while having moved the distance between two cats eyes. I will arrive stressed and in a bad mood at some god awful crowded place where I shiver my @rse off all day in the Artic blasts until I can get back to warmth of the car and sit the same traffic jam (reversed) all the way home, having to endure the same cr@p arguments from the back seats. I expect will arrive back home, craving a beer, significantly lighter in terms of cash and contemplating where I could bury 3 bodies!

Happy days!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'll be having a Pot Noodle and a wank.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Wife's got a important case due next week and I'm a bit behind on my current project. So we'll both be working.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Putting the finishing touches to a "special day" I have planned for Mrs BGG. I've got an idea...

Also, sorting out the Ice Hotel in Sweden for our wedding (technically we are not married, but have been together for 18 years)

Looking at 30" monitors for both PC's, and some other toys.

And DDO Online (Having a break from WOW)
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I'm in Ireland- already insane from how utterly provincial my home town is
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

se do bheatha abhaille, colleen!

Spending the weekend in the back of beyond & not taking anything that plugs in. But my train doesn't leave until early afternoon so in true Contractor style, putting in a few hours onsite in the morning. Rude not to.

Comment

Moving house

Comment

Been working hard since 7:30 this morning and will continue until about 18:00 then down the pub and onto the Kegelbahn then pub again. Tomorrow will be work, footie, pub. Then Sunday will be hangover, work and Monday will be work and then drive down to work, Boring but mind you the shops are shut Friday and Monday here and its not worth going out cos its bloody freezing and windy anyway.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X