• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: city types !?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "city types !?"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Where's our city insiders !? There are rumours of something big happening at the BoE involving a rather large well known bank that is in deep tulip.
    We all need to keep quiet now, the keystone cops are on to us

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7305039.stm

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Speculants!
    Onanists!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

AtW will duff them up outside the school gates.

HTH
    Speculants!

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Its too late. all these little "panic" transfers build up and before you know it.....

It's just on the Beeb news. It's a nasty rumour someone has started in the hope of making some money out of it.

Interesting idea though... shall we start another

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    It's largely due to scaremongering in the markets by those trying to take advantage by shorting stocks on some of the big banks.

AtW will duff them up outside the school gates.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Its too late. all these little "panic" transfers build up and before you know it.....

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Someone just checked and the above is bollux. You cantransfer to another non-Halifax a/c
    Indeed it is. I've just transferred 1500 quid to my Lloyds account to pay some bills.

I have three Online Saver accounts with them. I don't believe you can transfer from the online saver directly to other accounts outside of Halifax.

I always transfer it into the Halifax Current Account, then shift it to the Lloyds account.

Job done, and no need to panic anybody. All is ok.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    It's largely due to scaremongering in the markets by those trying to take advantage by shorting stocks on some of the big banks.

There is a meeting scheduled for tommorrow between the major high street banks and the BoE to discuss lending criteria ( the banks want more money, over longer periods, secured against a wider range of collateral ). The inetention is to be able to reassure creditors and investors that there is no chance of a repeat of the NR fiasco with any other bank.

This does not mean that any or all of them are in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I transferred £1500 from HBOS account to an offshore account this morning no problem.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Liquidity fears drive HBOS down 10%

"Another whisper from the trading floor said the MPC was planning to meet to discuss emergency funding for HBOS, which the bank has denied."

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    I did try to tell him not to panic though, is prob nothing. Seems everyone is a little jumpy today.
    Bank run ! Bank run ! Don't panic ! Don't panic !

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Intresting, chap at work just tried to transfer some cash online from his halifax savings account.

The option has now been removed, and you can only transfer cash "to another account with us". Not much use...

Hes off to the branch to give them tulip now.

IIRC, that's the point of the online saver - less overheads more interest?

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Someone just checked and the above is bollux. You cantransfer to another non-Halifax a/c
    I saw the browser screen with my own eyes.

I did try to tell him not to panic though, is prob nothing. Seems everyone is a little jumpy today.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Intresting, chap at work just tried to transfer some cash online from his halifax savings account.

The option has now been removed, and you can only transfer cash "to another account with us". Not much use...

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    hbos - halifax online saver

Leave a comment:

Working...
X