• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The truth and reconciliation thread"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    One of my favourite meems from /.

Meme

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    they're the worst kind of bottom feeder newspaper and I wish they'd been done enough to go out of business.

It amazes me that in today's world of political correctness gone mad, you can still have your life destroyed by the newspapers who have little more than speculation to go on.

If the papers can't produce evidence to back up their stories they shouldn't be allowed to print them.

As it is they're no better than comics. I only bother reading them at all when I go round to see a journalist friend who collects newspapers (), just so I can have a laugh at all the crap they print and take the piss out of him for being associated with such a laughing stock of an industry.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    A game for the Xbox.

In the game, the 'Truth and Reconciliation' is the name of a ship.

Sorry to go completely !!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Anyone else had a sudden urge to play "Halo" after reading this thread??
    Yes!

What's "Halo"?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    "that such a suggestion is absolutely untrue and that Kate and Gerry are completely innocent of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance"

They are guilty of leaving her alone in a hotel room though, are they not?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Yes!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    And the facts that you used to make your summary judgement presumably came from these newspapers in the first place.
    Oh the humanity!

(Err, what were we talking about?)

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    No Im a realist. And don't get caught up in the media hysteria around this case.
    And the facts that you used to make your summary judgement presumably came from these newspapers in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I gather you are a member of the "I hope she's dead and they never find her crowd" then ...... jeez, some people!

No Im a realist. And don't get caught up in the media hysteria around this case.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Are you a member of 'find maddy'...... jeez, some people!
    I gather you are a member of the "I hope she's dead and they never find her crowd" then ...... jeez, some people!

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Uncharacteristic bout of unreality from you, Dodgy. They apologised because they were threatened. Threaten me credibly and I'll apologise too. In fact I'll admit to the assassination of Abrahalm Lincoln if I have to.
    Umm, they apologised - in a massive way because as things stand now they were very, very wrong. You can speculate all you want, that's fair enough - but when you speculate in a national newspaper and insinuate a couple murdered their child, with no evidence, then expect to get fckin nailed. IMO deservedly so - they're the worst kind of bottom feeder newspaper and I wish they'd been done enough to go out of business.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Just a few
    Are you a member of 'find maddy'...... jeez, some people!

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I see that the newspapers are apologising to the McCanns about the unfair reporting of the disappearence of their daughter. I think there are one or two ars****es on this board who should be following suit.
    So cmon then you know who you are, come on out and apologise on this thread.
    Uncharacteristic bout of unreality from you, Dodgy. They apologised because they were threatened. Threaten me credibly and I'll apologise too. In fact I'll admit to the assassination of Abrahalm Lincoln if I have to.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Hmm, you do the math.
    Home at last: the boy they feared dead | World news | The Observer
    Four years after his disappearance in rural Missouri, 15-year-old Shawn Hornbeck was found by police seeking another missing boy.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007...usa.paulharris - 62k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Shannon Matthews: Missing children who turned up alive - Telegraph
    An Austrian schoolgirl who disappeared at the age of 10 became a media celebrity when she was found eight years later in August 2006. ...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...shannon614.xml - 49k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Digg - Breaking News: Missing MO boy Found Alive Along with Boy ...
    Breaking News: Missing MO boy Found Alive Along with Boy Missing 3 Years! ..... Mitchell got off the same bus only seconds later and climbed into a Chevy ...
    digg.com/world_news/Breaking_News_Missing_MO_boy_Found_Alive_Along_wit h_Boy_Missing_3_Years - 88k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    FOXNews.com - Missing Boys William 'Ben' Ownby, Shawn Hornbeck ...
    Missing Boys William 'Ben' Ownby, Shawn Hornbeck Found Alive in Missouri, ... missing people home since Hornbeck vanished over four years ago from his ...
    www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,243479,00.html - 50k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Shannon Matthews found alive | Missing schoolgirl found under bed ...
    14 Mar 2008 ... March 14:. Shannon is found alive in Batley Carr, 24 days after going missing. A 39-year-old man is arrested in relation to her ...
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle918183.ece - Similar pages - Note this
    STLtoday - News - Missouri State News
    12 Jan 2007 ... Ben Ownby, the 13-year-old Franklin County boy missing since Monday, has been found alive in Kirkwood -- as well as Shawn Hornbeck, a boy ...
    http://www.stltoday.com/.../news/sto...9?OpenDocument - 50k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    CNN.com - Missing Idaho girl reunited with her father - Jul 2, 2005
    2 Jul 2005 ... Shasta Groene was found Saturday but her brother is still missing. .... He was released on parole in 1994 after serving 14 years, ...
    www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/02/idaho.children/ - 45k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Missing Missouri Teen William ‘Ben’ Ownby FOUND ALIVE … with 2002 ...
    is alive. Can you even imagine that? Skyboxx on January 12th, 2007 10:23 pm. Eerily similar to another case where a boy was kidnapped and found years later. ...
    scaredmonkeys.com/.../12/missing-missouri-teen-william-ownsby-found-alive-with-missing-boy-shawn-hornbeck/ - 130k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Man held after missing Shannon Matthews found alive - Home News ...
    Friday, 14 March 2008. Missing nine-year-old Shannon Matthews was found alive today 24 days after she disappeared. Police smashed their way into a flat ...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ve-796014.html - Similar pages - Note this
    Boy Missing For 4 Years Found ALIVE! MO (Breaking!)
    Boy Missing For 4 Years Found ALIVE! MO (Breaking!) ..... 36 posted on 01/12/2007 3:14:57 PM PST by StarCMC (After the attacks of 9/11, profiling Muslims is ...
    www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1766749/posts - 39k - Cached - Similar pages - Note
    Just a few

Leave a comment:

Working...
X