• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have you been stopped by police at night ?"

Collapse

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Exactly, and even if you think you're fine in routine driving, other people make mistakes too, and traffic cones blow over in the road, etc.

So how would you react to the unexpected? Answer, much worse than usual if you're over the limit or even borderline.

In summary 2uk, with that attitude you're thinking like a utter twat.
    I liked you ..

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Actually, a small amount of alcohol (under the current limit) makes you drive better due to concentrating more as you want to make sure you don't get caught.
    Exactly. To be honest I always have a drink before driving in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Never been stopped by the police late at night.
    Army though. Been stopped by them many times.......

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Was stopped driving out of the station car park and breathalised, reason for pulling me was they could smell booze comming from the car which was infact due to my smelly apple cented screen wash. Also stopped at 4:30am in the morning, I wasnt over the limit and had not been drinking, they pulled me as they claimed I was speeding though they had no speed camera. even claimed they had to drive over 100mph through Brentwood high street to catch up with me.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    A year or so after we graduated, an ex-classmate from my University days told me he had only ever once been too drunk to drive.

It transpired that he meant he had only ever once been so drunk that he couldn't manage to start the car.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    A mainframe contractor doing the same kind of job as me (in about 1988) had his Toyota Celica pulled over, and was asked how he could afford a car like that.

(Did I mention his parents were Jamaican?)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Exactly, and even if you think you're fine in routine driving, other people make mistakes too, and traffic cones blow over in the road, etc.

So how would you react to the unexpected? Answer, much worse than usual if you're over the limit or even borderline.

In summary 2uk, with that attitude you're thinking like a chav twat.
    Actually, a small amount of alcohol (under the current limit) makes you drive better due to concentrating more as you want to make sure you don't get caught.

In a study, those that are tired or ill (flu etc) are far more dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    In reality you would be very "unlucky" to get caught, but any accident you are invloved in will automatically be regarded as your fault and you'll be banned. Also, most people I've know who did this got caught because they overestimated their own capabilites. A work colleague got banned after being stopped beacause he thought he was doing fine, but had failed to switch his lights on. Another one turned his car over (fortunatley no-one else invloved) and got a year's ban.

Just don't do it - if you need a drink so much, get a taxi - or don't drink when you're driving.

In summary 2uk, with that attitude you're thinking like a utter twat.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I saw that on Police, Camera, Action. They were recreating the nativity play.
    Bet they had trouble finding three wise men.

Leave a comment:

• Cheshire Cat
    replied
    Never been stopped by Plod. But then I've always driven pretty dull cars and I'm white, so I'm sure I'm low down on the Fuzz Harrassment List (TM)

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

In Paris, I was behind a car at lights. The lights went green, the car didn't move. I sounded my horn briefly to wake the driver up. It was frogplod. oops. They pulled me over, explained that in France you're not allowed to do that. After apologising profusely and professing ignorance, they let me go.

Never argue with plod. Say sorry and agree with the officer, and eventually they'll go away. Hopefully without you having to produce.
    I can concure with that I got stopped for speeding in Harrogate a few years ago by a copper at the side of the road, I got out of the car and said "alright you got me I don't want a f%#king lecture just give me my ticket"

He informed me that he prefered to give advice rather than handing out tickets and that I should be more carefull in future, after a double helping of humble pie I accepted my ticking off and went on my way ticketless!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Yeah they just couldn't find a virgin in surrey.
    They found a bike though.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Yeah they just couldn't find a virgin in surrey.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Was followed by the Surrey police helicopter when I was riding my push-bike home about 3am one morning.

Not sure what they were looking for, but my parents weren't to happy about the night sun illuminating the back of the house as I put my bike in the shed.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I once asked a prossie if she'd ever been picked up by the fuzz and she said no, but I have been swung round by the tits.

IGMC.
    And they say the old ones are the best.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X