• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you been stopped by police at night ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferret View Post
    I doubt any of us here are sinless virgins.
    Speak for yourself.

Apart from the time I was arrested at 3:30am etcetc.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      Since then, I don't bother travelling beyond Essex, if plod don't like it.
      It is not just plod who doesn't like it.

Comment

I was once at a traffic-light controlled T-junction in Newcastle city centre, which I'd only be living in for a few weeks. I was indicating left, then my passenger told me "no, it's right here". So I switched to indicating right. Didn't know plod was behind me. Was pulled over, questioned a little, then the copper's partner called out "It's ok, it's his". And they let me go.

Another time on the motorway, I was pulled over for alledgedly hogging the middle lane of an all-but empty motorway. The copper was on the passenger side, and could only see my (non-English looking) wife. After a bit of banging on about over-taking lanes etc., he finished with "In this country, we drive on the left". I resisted the urge to tell him to go forth and multiply.

In Paris, I was behind a car at lights. The lights went green, the car didn't move. I sounded my horn briefly to wake the driver up. It was frogplod. oops. They pulled me over, explained that in France you're not allowed to do that. After apologising profusely and professing ignorance, they let me go.

Never argue with plod. Say sorry and agree with the officer, and eventually they'll go away. Hopefully without you having to produce.

I have driven over the alcohol limit a few times in my murky past. I'm deeply ashamed of it, and wouldn't have done it if I hadn't been under the influence. So, if I'm driving, I don't drink at all.

Deciding, when you're sober, that you'll drink and drive... I have to agree with the sentiments of the other posters.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
          I drove home a few times after having a few drinks. I would never drive If I am not positive I am in control , but this surely is not what the law says. From where I come from , night checks for alcohol are standard , but then you can bribe there...
          You're the one person on this board who really makes me want to bypass the swear filter...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I had a friend tell me the other day that he bribed a policeman £50 to ignore his speeding.

I do hope they would not accept anything to let a drink driver go.

Comment

Making friends and influencing people again, eh 2uk
              You really are a prize 'un and no mistake...
              Last edited by sasguru; 12 March 2008, 09:13.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Was stopped just outside Reims at 03:00 on a high-speed dash for the ferry.

Female plod went to passenger side to breathalyse the driver(?) she then proceeded to the drivers side and asked me to do the proverbial. Hadn't drunk anything dodgy since lunchtime the previous day (Glass of wine with lunch, very civilised...) so I passed with flying colours. Was thanked profusely for my time and permitted to carry on on my way.

They'd set up a road block and were breathalysing everyone who passed through.

Comment

I once asked a prossie if she'd ever been picked up by the fuzz and she said no, but I have been swung round by the tits.

IGMC.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    I once asked a prossie if she'd ever been picked up by the fuzz and she said no, but I have been swung round by the tits.

IGMC.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

IGMC.

Comment

Working...
                      X