• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SQLBits

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SQLBits"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    You're right Aston Uni..was only 10min walk from New Street, and I wasn't in anyway threatened. The only time I was harrassed was upon return to the scum hole I live in.

Time to sell up and leave this place to the inbred mongrels which infest this hole.

Even the Arsenal fans on the train were better behaved!

Leave a comment:

• jim2406
    replied
    i went to aston uni. graduated in 2001.

aston university is *not* in aston, it's in birmingham city center. the city is 5 minutes walk away. and it's completely safe to wander around the campus at night during term time as it's full of students.

just thought i'd point that out :-)

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Aston? I'm attending the Education 2008 show at Birmingham NEC tomorrow, BORING, so interested in any orgies that might be going too.

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    Legs 11 near the Arcadia, Chinease next door then into see girls taking their clothes off for money; couldn't ask for a better night!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Apparently the Rocket Club is rather good. Apparently...
    i'd heard that too

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    isn't birmingham the lap dancing capitol of the country?
    Apparently the Rocket Club is rather good. Apparently...

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    capital

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I'm attending the SQLBits 2008 tomorrow. I'm staying at Aston University Business School hotel tonight. Is there anything to do around there?
    Any good kebab shops?
    If it's on the university campus, why not visit the students' bar? Probably a lot cheaper than a hotel bar and more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I have heard that Aston is a rough place. Didn't think it applied to the university. I suppose the advice is to run from New Street to the hotel?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Broad street is not far from it - Arcadia is even closer.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I'm attending the SQLBits 2008 tomorrow. I'm staying at Aston University Business School hotel tonight. Is there anything to do around there?
    Any good kebab shops?
    Stay in your hotel!

Trust me. Don't go wandering the streets there

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Head into Perry Bar and get the faeces kicked out of you.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No but if you go around the corner, Monica is very obliging for a reasonable fee.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    started a topic SQLBits

SQLBits

Any good kebab shops?

Working...
X