• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Exercise question.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Exercise question."

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    When you excersise the body releases endorphines which can produce euphoric feelings in the body which sounds like what you experienced. Just got back form a lunchtime gym session myself.

While we are on the subject, can anyone else here bench over 1001bs above thier body weight?
    Considering the world record is 1010 lbs I'd guess not, if you weigh more than 9lbs you should contact Norris McWhirter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlDWdfTAx8o

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by HRH View Post
    1001bs
    Sounds like the bs bit is the most relevant part of that post.

Leave a comment:

• HRH
    replied
    When you excersise the body releases endorphines which can produce euphoric feelings in the body which sounds like what you experienced. Just got back form a lunchtime gym session myself.

While we are on the subject, can anyone else here bench over 1001bs above thier body weight?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I think I've seen that video...
    Was it a tandem?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    You made me think SA, of how some thing get mis-named.

When I was in school

We used to have exercise books in class (rather than in the gym)
    We used to have sex education from the RE teacher (rather than the school nurse)
    We used to get medicine balls in the gym (rather than from the school nurse)
    We used to get religious education in the playground ('God have you seen the norks on the school nurse, oh Christ')
    When we got caned, it was not the pleasant experience it is now

etc

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not a myth, but does take a really enormous amount of exercise to get it. Last time it worked for me was running about for 90 mins in a football match about 15 years ago. 20 mins running or in the gym doesn't do it.
    Depends. Have about 15 pints, a bit of wacky backy and only about 2 hours sleep and then play rugby. The effect kicks in after about 5 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Yes, get it twice a day on my bicycle commute to the clients offices. Nice isn't it!
    Now you're just being Threaded!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Yes, get it twice a day on my bicycle commute to the clients offices. Nice isn't it!
    Bearing in mind your seat has a sex toy attached to it, I wouldnt advertise the fact!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Hi all,

Is there such a thing as an exercise high?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Not a myth, but does take a really enormous amount of exercise to get it. Last time it worked for me was running about for 90 mins in a football match about 15 years ago. 20 mins running or in the gym doesn't do it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    It sounds like it's really got a hold of you scooter?
    It's the way you feel afterwards that makes the differnce, and that's a feeling worth exercising for.

Scooter in feeling stronger for longer mode...

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Hi all,

I was on the treadmill, about 17 minutes into a very sweat prudcing sprint/stop routine, when my whole body went kind of numb and I felt amazing...like floaty, and a litte bit acid trippy!
    It was amazing!!! I honestly felt more pleasant than I ever have before.

Is this normal? Or was I pushing it too much and have just had a very pleasant stroke of some kind?

Sal
    xxx
    I would suggest larger shorts.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Hi all,

I was on the treadmill, about 17 minutes into a very sweat prudcing sprint/stop routine, when my whole body went kind of numb and I felt amazing...like floaty, and a litte bit acid trippy!
    It was amazing!!! I honestly felt more pleasant than I ever have before.

Is this normal? Or was I pushing it too much and have just had a very pleasant stroke of some kind?

Sal
    xxx
    Yep. That's why I love skiing. Which is the best fun you can have with your clothes on. And why I love sex - the most fun you can have with your clothes off (or on, with appropriate ventilation ).

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    A friend of mine got "addicted" to training. To the point where the doctors ordered her not to exercise for a year. So yes, it can happen.
    I think we must share the same friend.
    I know lots of people who do bugger all exercise

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied

I'll try to be careful
    A friend of mine got "addicted" to training. To the point where the doctors ordered her not to exercise for a year. So yes, it can happen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X