• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Love and sweetheart"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
    How does mean he's not a stud and a hot guy? All the girls love a man of ambiguous sexuality. Believe me, I know.

You? Ambiguous? Well I never

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Shag him in the stationary cupboard and then tell him he's tulip in bed and has a tiny penis. ignore him for two weeks and he'll never call you love or sweetheart again*.

HTH

*Of course he may call you bitch/evil slapper from hell, but it probably won't be to your face
    You know..... that might work

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Does she not know you're a raving arse-bandit then?
    How does mean he's not a stud and a hot guy? All the girls love a man of ambiguous sexuality. Believe me, I know.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    The truth is I find it really sick... and I feel harassed by this... he is as old as my father, so I find it sick when he tries to be charming and gazes at me, or tries to crack some of this stupid boyish/ladish jokes and expects me to laugh at them ...

We had to change desks a few times, and they were about to put me next to someone I really disliked, at the time I told him not to make me sit next to the annoying guy, so he located my desk next to him, since then we have moved twice ( a lot of merger related relocations) so he kept placing my desk next to his every time we relocated, which I thought was fine, I think the guys are teasing him that I insist on sitting next to him, but the fact is I am avoiding someone else, and now he started saying this to me (only started last week)

I want to be diplomatic and not destroy a good professional relationship

Shag him in the stationary cupboard and then tell him he's tulip in bed and has a tiny penis. ignore him for two weeks and he'll never call you love or sweetheart again*.

HTH

*Of course he may call you bitch/evil slapper from hell, but it probably won't be to your face

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'd have paid to be there....
    Hey Sweeitie, how's Switzerland treating you.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    There's a woman at work who calls me "stud" and "hot guy" and it's getting a bit wearing now.

Does she not know you're a raving arse-bandit then?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    So would many other blokes.

Though it may be cheaper to move to the valley.

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Sandy my love relax, just humour him.

HTH sweetheart

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I used to have a manager who talked to my boobs all the time, it got to me so much despite me havin a quiet word, so one day in the middle of the office, I shouted at him, "FFS.... they won't answer you back, no matter how hard you try to talk to them.... "
    He should have tried harder.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I used to have a manager who talked to my boobs all the time, it got to me so much despite me havin a quiet word, so one day in the middle of the office, I shouted at him, "FFS.... they won't answer you back, no matter how hard you try to talk to them.... "

He was mortified... left not long after....

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Use your right of substitution and go work somewhere else. Should be easy as long as you know someone that's roughly the same height and build, and is also partial to walking around with a sheet over themself.

Recommend you don't approach anyone with a partialness for white sheets though, you may get your fingers burnt.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    There's a woman at work who calls me "stud" and "hot guy" and it's getting a bit wearing now.

You should be pleased your company is so enlightened that they employ blind people....

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    Sandy is Saraya Beg and I claim my unfair dismissal compensation

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    I get on with everyone at work, just because I dislike them it doesn't mean am stupid and actually show them that I don't like them!!

Naaaah can't be bothered with all that softly approach/ or harrasment, that's why I am a contractor, will just grit my teeth and smile at the old boy, may be drop into the conversation a few times that he is soooo much like my dad, and I think of him as a father figure!!

Not much left of this contract, I was offered a renewal for a couple of months and the old boy was only offered a one month renewal .
    This sounds like a permie problem. My advice would be: accept a permanent job then you can sue him, kick him in the balls, write to the local newspaper, get a more senior position and fire him, etc. Else stop moaning like a permie and get on with the fact that the majority of people in this world are scum, at least as a contractor you can change them more often and quite often you don't even have the time to realise how scum they are.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X