• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Resurgence of the old fogies"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Bogeyman, LuciferBox, MarillionFan? Young whippersnappers the lot of em.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

You do remember that you told us at the Christmas Drinks that SallyAnne organised all about what happened during the upgrade from EZ Board, don't you?
    Whatcha talking about Willis? :

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Alas. Poor Dave. Cut off in his prime. How we miss him!

You do remember that you told us at the Christmas Drinks that SallyAnne organised all about what happened during the upgrade from EZ Board, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Contractor Jnr View Post
    Still a bore Lucifer I see.

House Prices are crashing, so all of you idiots who have houses are in trouble now. Bet you wished you listened to me.

Still in China, still ****ing whores and last time I was in the UK fairly certain I ****ed your mother Lucifer.
    Alas. Poor Dave. Cut off in his prime. How we miss him!

I wonder if China was all it was cracked up to be!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    And the key sequence required to produce such a gem?

Also, much more effective if you put a space between the "y" and the endquote, add a ; to the end of the print statement and wahey!!!

10 PRINT "Martin Wassall is gay ";
    20 GOTO 10
    I guess that's why you're a successful entrepreneurial businessman running your own IT consultancy and I'm making marmalade.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Alas poor DCJ. We knew him well.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Also, much more effective if you put a space between the "y" and the endquote, add a ; to the end of the print statement and wahey!!!

20 GOTO 10
    No program works right first time. Not even the null program IEFBR14.

NB even the "final version" printed there has a bug:
    BR GO
    should be
    B GO
    of course.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Contractor Jnr
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    For the avoidance of all doubt, David Contractor Jr never showed respect.

Still a bore Lucifer I see.

House Prices are crashing, so all of you idiots who have houses are in trouble now. Bet you wished you listened to me.

Still in China, still ****ing whores and last time I was in the UK fairly certain I ****ed your mother Lucifer.
    Last edited by administrator; 31 January 2008, 12:17. Reason: If the rest of the forum only knew who you were eh Dave? Next time, you will get the ban.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    How did you know I used to do COBOL?

Mind you, my first programme was on a demo ZX81 in Smiths and I reproduce it here for you all to enjoy. Call it my contribution to the open source project.

10 PRINT "Martin Wassall is gay"
    20 GOTO 10

20 GOTO 10

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

Mind you, my first programme was on a demo ZX81 in Smiths and I reproduce it here for you all to enjoy. Call it my contribution to the open source project.

20 GOTO 10

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

20 GOTO 10

Coffee-keyboard interface occurred. Thanks I needed that...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

20 GOTO 10
    You'd be arrested for a hate crime these days doing that

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    miserable old sods, get back to your terminals and write some cobol

20 GOTO 10

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    sasguru is just my everyday run-of-the-mill default mode
    So, the same as your other modes then

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    miserable old sods, get back to your terminals and write some cobol