• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Smart Cars

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Smart Cars"

Collapse

• tay
    replied
    I dont think they are that smart, I asked one the other day for its predictions for the housing market... it said BOOM! moron.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Does that include the times when you are frantically trying to squeeze between the only two cars available to park in down an already crowded street with no other nearby parking spaces available?

Meanwhile little wee whizzy 'Smartie' pants just zips right in there, snug as a bug on the rug, without a second's thought, whilst you move off in a bad mood spending the next 15 mins trying to find somewhere else?
    That's not a problem. If you find two ( or three ) Smart Cars in a space that would fit your car, you just drive over them.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Sometimes I think they are plain cute, and it would be rather cool to drive one - mainly because they represent a V sign to the ego thrusting fuel guzzling sports car owners who think they own the roads. Other times I think they're just a silly little 'motorised maverick' that needs to be laughed into the curb for being little more than a successful adaptation of the failed Sinclair three wheeler of many years ago.

What do you think?
    They are fun to drive, but don't let that make you think they're fast or can go round corners quickly, a 2CV can do that better.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    smart cars are gas guzzlers
    http://www.zenncars.com/

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    I assume you have a string of offices up and down the country, clear financial forecasts detailing projected profit over the medium to longer term, a profits and loss ledger for your accountant when he does your mandatory fully audited accounts every year, a hefty wages bill, capital costs for plant and equipment for your manufacturing outlets, a marketing department, a procurement department, a wages department, an HR department, a sales department, and IT department, a PSL, a corporate brand that is recognisable up and down the country, a website listing all your press releases on new goods and services, a research and development unit, a shelf full of industry awards, quality assurance certifications .....
    Obviously that only applies to a manufacturing business and they're all in China. Or they may as well be....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, actually I am a manager-owner of a real business, not employee in disguise.

HTH

Nice one mate...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I assume you have a string of offices up and down the country, clear financial forecasts detailing projected profit over the medium to longer term, a profits and loss ledger for your accountant when he does your mandatory fully audited accounts every year, a hefty wages bill, capital costs for plant and equipment for your manufacturing outlets, a marketing department, a procurement department, a wages department, an HR department, a sales department, and IT department, a PSL, a corporate brand that is recognisable up and down the country, a website listing all your press releases on new goods and services, a research and development unit, a shelf full of industry awards, quality assurance certifications .....

You are pretty demanding!

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Now now dear, let's save this for bedtime talktime...

Do you fancy Porsche 911?

Being a bum on seat 9-5 contractor is pretty hard graft, eh!

Didn't Pamela Ewing drive one of those Porsche's, in Dallas?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Smarts break down a lot and it is almost imposible to work on them yourself, unless you have the equipment to lift the body off the engine etc.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    How many staff do you employ then?
    Now now dear, let's save this for bedtime talktime...

Do you fancy Porsche 911?

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied

HTH
    How many staff do you employ then?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I thought you were a one man band contractor, not Sir Alan Sugar.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied

chauffeur
    I thought you were a one man band contractor, not Sir Alan Sugar.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Real contractors get their driver to park for them.

Threaded.

chauffeur

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Real contractors get their driver to park for them.

Threaded.

Yeah right!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X