• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you like your current gig?"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Nothing worth saying.
    Doesn't stop the rest of us ...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Howcome you havent been posting more of late?
    Nothing worth saying.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Bored stupid and have been for 4 months now. Done about 3 days worth of actuall work in that time.

Management have no clue and no desire to actually do anything.

The guy who runs the team I am working with is incompetent.

But it's a decent rate, 20 mins from home and I can go to the gym at lunch time so.....
    Howcome you havent been posting more of late?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Bored stupid and have been for 4 months now. Done about 3 days worth of actuall work in that time.

Management have no clue and no desire to actually do anything.

The guy who runs the team I am working with is incompetent.

But it's a decent rate, 20 mins from home and I can go to the gym at lunch time so.....

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxamus View Post
    LOVE IT!

Surf the web all day.
    Have around 8 cups of tea a day
    Have around 6 fag breaks
    If i get bored i get a pool car and drive around
    I get paid for time i dont do
    IR35 CAUGHT!!!

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    LOVE IT!

Surf the web all day.
    Have around 8 cups of tea a day
    Have around 6 fag breaks
    If i get bored i get a pool car and drive around
    I get paid for time i dont do

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    20 mins from home, frequently empty 6th floor corner office, with nice views across the city and of the Black Forest. Client doesn't care what hours I keep, so long as I get the work done (which I do). Last year, when there wasn't enough work to do, I went on a training course at their behest, and immediately gave me a project utilising my new skills. And they thought I was doing them a favour!

Two years so far. Long may it continue.
    What do you do technically speaking?

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    A well trained monkey does what I do at this place.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    20 mins from home, frequently empty 6th floor corner office, with nice views across the city and of the Black Forest. Client doesn't care what hours I keep, so long as I get the work done (which I do). Last year, when there wasn't enough work to do, I went on a training course at their behest, and immediately gave me a project utilising my new skills. And they thought I was doing them a favour!

Two years so far. Long may it continue.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Hmmm, my current assignment has gone drastically downhill in the last few weeks and is now tulipe whereas it used to be OK (see thread in technical forum about fonts for an example of why).

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Current gig work is boring, but I like it alot as there is soooooo much quality eye candy here the best I have ever had the pleasure working with grrrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinto View Post
    Yes, I do get the distinct impression that I'm the only mug in the world that pays this, but really, with this kind of contract, there's just no way out.
    Well I've been in this gig for almost 3 years and had to stop claiming expenses 18 months ago as I knew it was going on longer than 2 years, if I was here much longer I would be weighing up the pros and cons of continuing outside, at least you have peace of mind.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Phew ! A potential bill for 12 years ( or whenever IR35 kicked in ) of NI would of been scary.
    Yes, that would kill me, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    So you're the one!
    Yes, I do get the distinct impression that I'm the only mug in the world that pays this, but really, with this kind of contract, there's just no way out.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    I would rather attach electrodes to my testicles than do this gig.
    That doesn't tell us much about your gig, as you like doing that anyway, don't you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X