• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Noro Virus :(

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Noro Virus :("

Collapse

• Bumfluff
    replied
    LoL

The Curry Rap
    http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/...3012/page3.htm

Havent been ill again thank god, but Im frigging starving now

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    I had some tikka for my dinna
    My stomach's crampin like a killa
    I'm gonna be much thinna
    If I don't stop blowin' chunks
    Innit.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    ...I could make out the chicken tikka rap...

I've not heard that before. Does it go like this?

I had some tikka for my dinna
    My stomach's crampin like a killa
    I'm gonna be much thinna
    If I don't stop blowin' chunks
    Innit.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    It's a virus - vitamins and antibiotics are no use at all.
    Surely having a strong immune response - beefed up by higher levels of vit C, B and zinc - would help you fight off any effects from the virus, deal with symptoms etc?

Originally posted by tay View Post
    This is a thread I really should not have read.

Well, I seem fine now, for the moment... my tummy rumblings must have been from lunch.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I'm glad I didn't get it then, I never did learn the art of pain-free vomiting. It usually hurts like hell.
    Me too. I often burst blood vessels in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Didnt hurt at all, came out of me like the women in Little Britian didnt have time to react, felt much better after.
    I'm glad I didn't get it then, I never did learn the art of pain-free vomiting. It usually hurts like hell.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    This is a thread I really should not have read.

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! CODSABS! I learned CODSABS in A Level Chemistry! Identification of substances.

For all future vomit we need:

Colour
    Odour
    Density (did it sink? float?)
    Solubility (did it dissolve?)
    Acidity (how much did it burn coming up)
    Burns (tricky. Do you think it might ignite? Unlikely for vomit but useful if you tulip yourself at the same time)
    Supports combustion (would it be wise / unwise to try to hide the smell with a candle)

For colour a rough description will do, we don't really need Pantone codes.

Have I missed anything? E.g. recognisable vegetables? Consistency? Distance and height of projectile?

Ok, first major puke was as follows,

Colour
    Orangey / cream with red bits in, I could make out the chicken tikka rap I had earlier in the evening the red bits were the peppers.

Odour
    Acidy, and tikka

Pretty thick due to the bannana I consumed earlier in evening, it sank when I put down the loo

No

Didnt hurt at all, came out of me like the women in Little Britian didnt have time to react, felt much better after.

Burns (tricky. Do you think it might ignite? Unlikely for vomit but useful if you tulip yourself at the same time)
    Didnt test

Supports combustion (would it be wise / unwise to try to hide the smell with a candle)
    Didnt test

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Do keep us informed of the details of any future pukes please.
    Ooh! Ooh! CODSABS! I learned CODSABS in A Level Chemistry! Identification of substances.

For all future vomit we need:

Colour
    Odour

For colour a rough description will do, we don't really need Pantone codes.

Have I missed anything? E.g. recognisable vegetables? Consistency? Distance and height of projectile?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    How come some people get it and not others? Have any of you sufferers had this kind of thing before (virus induced projectile vomiting, not from poisoning, etc)?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Hmm... I'm beginning to feel ill, have a weird feeling in my stomach and feel a bit lightheaded. I do hope I haven't got this, I've been taking vitamins to help my immune system fight anything off. I don't want to see them on the way out.
    It's a virus - vitamins and antibiotics are no use at all.

Sit down, be miserable, keep drinking water (preferably with some sugar in it in some form), wait 48 hours and you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Hmm... I'm beginning to feel ill, have a weird feeling in my stomach and feel a bit lightheaded. I do hope I haven't got this, I've been taking vitamins to help my immune system fight anything off. I don't want to see them on the way out.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Weak stomach?

Nah - I'm chucking it twice as far as she is.

If you puke up a brown round thing, bite hard and swallow because its yer @rsehole

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    ...just cant keep anything I eat down..GF puked up at work this morning ...
    Weak stomach?

Nah - I'm chucking it twice as far as she is.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Client let me work from home, feel ill but not too bad but just cant keep anything I eat down, even puked up a cup of tea earlier may be the milk seem ok on water, at least I might shed the xmas weight. GF puked up at work this morning so she has it as well now and has come home. Try to figure out who we caught it from now.
    Do keep us informed of the details of any future pukes please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X