• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Clarkson stung after bank prank"

Collapse

• Cred-X
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Here are my bank details.

If anyone wants to scam millions from me by setting up a Direct Debit to somewhere, feel free.

Bank of England
    Threadneedle Street
    LONDON
    EC2R 8AH

Sort Code: 10 00 00
    Account No: 52055000
    Account name: HMCE VAT

HTH
    LOL.

That's a great one.
    Unfortunately I don't think they do many Direct Debits so it may raise a bit of suspicion.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Nah, can't stand the stuff, just finishing off the last of the Tuborg Julebryg.
    You quaff a woman's drink, my lord. Real men drink Ringnes Julebokk. A most tasty klasse III øl indeed.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    Steer clear of that Aalborg aquavit, Threaded old boy. Try the Linje aquavit, it results in fewer delusionary episodes.

Nah, can't stand the stuff, just finishing off the last of the Tuborg Julebryg.

BTW, I'm quite prominent in this 'ere clip: http://sporten.tv2.dk/video/index.ph...d-9929221.html

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    I'll admit to having a few drinks, but I've just phoned Jeremy up and told him he's a bit of a plank.

A bit of bluster about how did I find out his private home phone number and he'll report me but otherwise he seemed pretty cool with getting called up in the middle of the night. Think he's learned his lesson...
    Steer clear of that Aalborg aquavit, Threaded old boy. Try the Linje aquavit, it results in fewer delusionary episodes.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I'll admit to having a few drinks, but I've just phoned Jeremy up and told him he's a bit of a plank.

A bit of bluster about how did I find out his private home phone number and he'll report me but otherwise he seemed pretty cool with getting called up in the middle of the night. Think he's learned his lesson...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Youu terrorist you!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Here are my bank details.

If anyone wants to scam millions from me by setting up a Direct Debit to somewhere, feel free.

Bank of England
    Threadneedle Street
    LONDON
    EC2R 8AH

Sort Code: 10 00 00
    Account No: 52055000
    Account name: HMCE VAT

HTH

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Oh well, that answered a question I never got an answer to on accounting. I would have said same as Clarkson. I know of one company I regularly purchase from with bank details on their website.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    At the end of the day the DPA is there to stop our data from being misused

cause lots of red tape and make our lives a misery and further the power of the Data Protection Bodies

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    "Not to mention the DPA doesn't come into place in a criminal investigation."

Not according to a guy I worked with. He was the victim of ID theft and the coppers told him that they know who is behind much of the crime but the DPA stops them gathering the evidence needed to take matters further. Mind you this could just be the copper spinning him a line.
    I would suggest that it's the copper spinning a line, however I may be wrong. I know for a fact that DPA is not valid in court where I have had a prosecutor tell me that i could not see the video of me speeding due to the DPA.

Reminding said prosecutor that lying in court was comitting purjory and liable to get her in clink for a fair bit of time focused her attention fairly quickly . If prosecutors can spin this line in court because they don't have evidence available then I see no reason why the police wouldn't spin it as well to make it seem that they are more competant than they really are. What he probably meant was that they knew who was doing it but couldn't prove it and couldn't get a warrent to get the evidence they need because they had no grounds.

At the end of the day the DPA is there to stop our data from being misused, not to allow us to get away with breaking the law scott free.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    good to see a semi-serious thread degenerating into primary school humour so rapidly.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    UPSTAIRS BOLLOXS
    ahem...

Shirt potatos

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Is that what your avatar is? I thought they were called "chesticles".
    UPSTAIRS BOLLOXS

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Not to mention the DPA doesn't come into place in a criminal investigation."

Not according to a guy I worked with. He was the victim of ID theft and the coppers told him that they know who is behind much of the crime but the DPA stops them gathering the evidence needed to take matters further. Mind you this could just be the copper spinning him a line.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    über bolloxs
    Is that what your avatar is? I thought they were called "chesticles".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X