• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wierd PM From Turing"

Collapse

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I was blissfully unaware of the chap until I started seeing a load of his posts out in Usenet land. In that light when he says that "Capital objected to the quantity of emails", I tend to side with them.

The big question now is does he make money out of it and could it be considered a viable Plan B?
    David Icke is doing very-nicely-thank-you-very-much out of his (supposedly) mentalist (but I'm not completely convinced) writings.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    Reminds me of when I first left Uni and temped for BT on their 100 / 999 service. I did late shifts and you used to get some cracking calls from people claiming special services were out to get them, phone tapping, odd goings on etc.
    True story here. Late one Saturday night a monkey walked into a mate's local pub. You can imagine the comments along the lines of "Must give up the demon drink".

The barmaid took the monkey home and first thing next morning rang the police. She said that she could hear the policewoman telling the whole station to listen in to this latest nutter.

After relating the tale, the copperess asked the barmaid why she hadn't called the previous night. The barmaid's response was to ask if they would have believed her so late on a Saturday night. At that the light dawned and they took her seriously. It turned out that the monkey belonged to a guy a few doors up the road.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    He is a remarkable piece of the Internet - he advertised his site in the Private Eye classifieds for years
    I was blissfully unaware of the chap until I started seeing a load of his posts out in Usenet land. In that light when he says that "Capital objected to the quantity of emails", I tend to side with them.

The big question now is does he make money out of it and could it be considered a viable Plan B?

Answers on the back of a twenty quid note please

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I haven't! sob! I am hated so much I don't even get spam...

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I haven't! sob! I am hated so much I don't even get spam...

True True

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It's threaded I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    "Homosexuality is a uniquely English vice ... that was the specialty of the English agents."

Reminds me of when I first left Uni and temped for BT...
    Ditto. My first contract was also with BT - they shafted me too.

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    "Homosexuality is a uniquely English vice, because other countries do not practice it as an instrument of power to the same extent; for example, the Americans on the mindcontrol gave me very little sexual abuse, whereas that was the specialty of the English agents."

Reminds me of when I first left Uni and temped for BT on their 100 / 999 service. I did late shifts and you used to get some cracking calls from people claiming special services were out to get them, phone tapping, odd goings on etc.

There was another complaining about aliens who apparently wore an aluminium hat to keep them from reading his thoughts...

Love the bit about Chris Tarrant poking fun at him through the TV, mad as a dancing banana

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Jealous Gay British Agents Masturbating Outside Window

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    ... I give you this nutter

Methinks a CUK visit is in order, but probably best not seen from work.
    He is a remarkable piece of the Internet - he advertised his site in the Private Eye classifieds for years

I see Jon Snow is still hounding him: "I was watching Jon Snow on Channel Four TV News on Wednesday 10 April, and he again reacted on seeing me watching his programme."

http://www.five.org.uk/evidence/evfiles/snow02.htm

...and Chris Tarrant:

Certainty level: 25%

This one might be aimed at me, or it might be tinged with a whiff of intent, although I only give one chance in four for Tarrant's thoughts being aimed at me when he said this. During his "Who wants to be a Millionaire" TV show in March 1999, he said;

if you're watching the show jumping up and down screaming at the telly,
    remember you could be here. You can either seek professional help or call us...

The background is as follows. In early March I'd sent a quantity of emails to Capital FM, the London radio station where Mr Tarrant has his breakfast show. They were addressed to the email account which Mr Tarrant used to read emails posted on Capital's website. Capital objected to the quantity of emails - in fact, they contacted the Metropolitan Police's Computer Crime unit, who, in turn, "felt my collar" by giving me a verbal warning over the phone to cease this behaviour.

The emails contained the words which I had heard Mr Tarrant speak in early 1994, namely;

"You know this bloke? He says we're trying to kill him.
    We should be done for attempted manslaughter".

At the time of writing (May 1999), the Police have not told me what aspect of the emails was "illegal", nor despite my repeated urging have they questioned Mr Tarrant about his remarks from 1994.

Regarding the clip from Tarrant's show above. The Police spoke to me on the afternoon of Wednesday 10 March 1999. Tarrant's live show went out that same evening. The Police have told me that after speaking to me they told Capital FM that they'd spoken to me regarding the emails. So Tarrant would have known by the time of the show who'd sent the emails and why.... and it's quite possible that his remarks about "seeking professional help" were aimed at me personally following my attempts to persuade him to own up to his 1994 remarks.

http://www.five.org.uk/evidence/evfiles/itvct99a.htm

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Well, if you want weird...

... I give you this nutter

Methinks a CUK visit is in order, but probably best not seen from work.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Turning
    turing - that was a test, you know

Bumfluff - you may have to change that avatar, it took me half an hour to write this post as could not concentrate
    use dominant hand

Also a test...

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Cheers for forwarding on BI. Not had the PM myself and guess Administrator etc not had it either or something would have been done earlier.

From what I understand the moderation of new members also means that newbies cannot use the messaging system until they reach a decent post count. Turning reached joined the forum before this setting was added and therefore did not get bumped into this new group. Have now deleted all PMs he has sent and also banned the account.

Bumfluff - you may have to change that avatar, it took me half an hour to write this post as could not concentrate

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    I got a copy at about 13:00 and forwarded it to ferret & administrator.

Quite amusing: a Buddhist spammer!
    Don't you realise that ferret and administrator are in on the whole thing?

You've given yourself away - now they know you're onto it they'll hunt you down...

Flee to the hills! It's your only chance

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Maybe you only get it if you show up as being online.

I feel like I'm missing out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X