• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Grrrr....telly up the swanee"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Cheers for the suggestions, the Freecycle thing sounds interesting. I had a quick look at my local area's postings and there are 1 or 2 tellys on there, but they are colour, so I'd still have to buy a colour licence.

I think I'll just give up the box completely to be honest and spend the extra hour on the puter.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    It depends on what I record...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I've already wrapped up the Humax pvr ready for Christmas day...
    Is that some kind of sex-toy?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    (PS - I've got a portable b&w telly if you want it...)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    This is my next telly

I've already wrapped up the Humax pvr ready for Christmas day...

I'm determined to bring Mr Cojak kicking and screaming into the 21st century...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    You can get a 40" plasma easily in black or white. Here's a small pink TV, if that's any help.

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    This is so spooky; my freeview box went on the blink this morning too. Has anyone else had things go wrong? I think something is going on and we need to be told.
    Yep.. our 7 year old JVC widescreen TV broke a week or so ago... waiting on the parts to come in... getting a bit close to crimbo and I'm getting nervous.

Currently watching tele on my old vintage 1989 Commodore 14" monitor with a video feed from the DVD recorder and sound via the surround setup

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    This is so spooky; my freeview box went on the blink this morning too. Has anyone else had things go wrong? I think something is going on and we need to be told.

I’ve just been down to Argos at Old Street and spent 15 quid on a new one. Not a bad price, but I could do without spending it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Bloody 'eck, someone even tighter than me. I fully respect your non-consumerism BGG, keep the faith.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I don't tend to watch a lot of telly, perhaps an hour a week, so buying a colour telly AND a colour licence seems a bit excessive.

Any ideas ?

Blimey, I thought that the cheeper B&W licence went up the swanney years ago.....

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Free ads in your local paper.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Sigh,

A week before Xmas and the blimmin television set goes on the blink.

(It's a Ferguson 3821 which has served well for 25 years or so).

So I just logged on to Dixons or whatever they are called these days and tried to do a search for new B&W tellys and couldn't find a single one.

I don't tend to watch a lot of telly, perhaps an hour a week, so buying a colour telly AND a colour licence seems a bit excessive.

Any ideas ?
    Freecycle

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Sigh,

A week before Xmas and the blimmin television set goes on the blink.

(It's a Ferguson 3821 which has served well for 25 years or so).

So I just logged on to Dixons or whatever they are called these days and tried to do a search for new B&W tellys and couldn't find a single one.

Any ideas ?
    get a flash new tv and a games machine and transform your life from bored gamer to thrill seeker. or give up that hour and forget tv completely. it is dying out anyway.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    You could buy a USB TV receiver for the PC, they are pretty cheap and the TV detector people would have trouble proving you owned one?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Good idea. It'd be much more fun watching Xoggy than the tulipe that gets broadcast.

I'm not sure if he's fully house trained though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X