• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When are we all finishing for Christmas ?"

Collapse

• fridge
    replied
    finished last Friday and not back until beginning of Feb 08 oh and a new year thing is to stop

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I finished today and I don't have to go back ever
    Similar... I finish on the 21st and will need to find another gig next year.

I might take Jan & Feb off though (unless something lucrative finds me first, then I'll pack the bench away and stuff it in the shed for another time)

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I finished today and I don't have to go back ever

Will probably start to look again early in the new year, but for now, it is some serious chill out time.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 11 December 2007, 21:14. Reason: And no before you ask, I wasn't sacked.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    now that's what i call sport!

don't the gamekeepers try to stop you though?

We don't get many hold-ups for slow play through the lion enclosure!

The course is right next to the zoo. There's an emu who is nearly always watching the first green. It probably thinks the hole is full of thousands of eggs.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I finish Fri 21st, although I've just been told that I should hand over any outstanding work on Thurs 20th, so I get the feeling I'll be allowed to invoice for an easy day at home on the Friday

Not sure when I come off the bench - NewClientCorp haven't given me a definite start date yet, although it's early Jan, supposedly.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    and for me 17th to the 2nd. which in reality is the 14th to the 2nd.

i might do a bit from home i they really want it.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post

Trouble is, I fancy a bit of golf in Whipsnade.
    now that's what i call sport!

don't the gamekeepers try to stop you though?
    Last edited by DS23; 11 December 2007, 14:01.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Finish 21st. Back in again on the 8th Jan. 3 day a week contract for the first quarter, so I can do more skiing. Then back to 5 days a week for Q2 and Q3. Q4 unplanned.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    We've gone live early so my screensaver has already kicked in, although I'll be sitting in front of it until the 21st - after all, every little helps(tm). Still don't know there's something to come back to after that - change of regime, new world order etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    Client was insisting that I come in over holiday period as nobody
    else in the team is around to provide support, but good old
    Tfl managed to organise some repair works near liverpool street station,
    which means the line I normally travel on will be closed.

So I'm finishing up on 21st dec and coming back on 2nd Jan..

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    We've been TOLD that we can't have any days off due to a go live. They are muttering about weekends also. I can feel an extreme case of 'personal problems' coming on !

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Last day 21st. Haven't decided whether to pop in over Christmas - it's peaceful at the office, the roads and trains will be half-empty, and every little helps (tm).

Trouble is, I fancy a bit of golf in Whipsnade.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by G8_Summit View Post
    Chan,

Chantho, you forgot your "Chan".

Tho.
    Thanks for the reminder. I have now moved the onus to the reader of the posts, as mentioned in my new sig. So far you are the first to take this option.

Leave a comment:

• SuperFranco
    replied
    27 Dec - 7 Jan / despite lots of resistance. Resistance was less when I stated that I wanted to quit.

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    21st Dec - 2cnd Jan first decent amount of time off all year cant wait!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X