• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much will you spend on a significant other this Xmas?"

Collapse

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I CAN'T believe the figures you put in that poll! Less than £500 is the second item? Had I done that poll it would be nothing, £1, £2, £5, £10, £20 and if anyone ticked £20 I would not have believed them.

You sir are a cheap skate, and I claim my five shillings

Leave a comment:

• A Hungry Polar Bear
    replied
    Which particular significant other would that be Craig?

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    I'm buying her a necklace from a stone called tsavorite (no, I hadn't heard of it before either)!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I CAN'T believe the figures you put in that poll! Less than £500 is the second item? Had I done that poll it would be nothing, £1, £2, £5, £10, £20 and if anyone ticked £20 I would not have believed them.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Scrooge

Presents?

Nearest and dearest get a satsuma normally. I'm more generous with kids - they get a balloon as well. For every one else it's left over cards fished out of the draw from years gone by. Some date back to 2001. I just hope they don't scrutinise the publication date on the back.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Girlie wants one of those widescreen HDTVs in her office
    Is that to watch the home videos of your fat arse on a bicycle?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    We don't have seperate bank accounts so the cost of the present is immaterial.

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Advise her in advance there's a chance it could become loose like mine. There's nothing worse - you walk round nervous all day!
    Is that because there's no toilet around?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Tenna Lady

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    My wife told me she wants a large shiny ring.

Any suggestions?

Advise her in advance there's a chance it could become loose like mine. There's nothing worse - you walk round nervous all day!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    We agree to a limit of £30 on presents for each other. As he is unemployed this means I'm really buying my own presents but as the saying goes - It't the thought that counts.
    Besides I'm going to get a hefty legal bill soon so it makes sense to limit what we buy each other. This doesn't include presents to families or anything - and it also doesn't count in what the dog buys us either

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Any suggestions?

I'm sure you can manage the shiny bit if not quite the large.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Girlie wants one of those widescreen HDTVs in her office and one of them Nokia 8800s to go with the new car (apparently she likes the ring tones, wants a 'his and her' with these engraved jobbies, and thinks as there's only 500 they'll be a collectors item in a few years. Girls, what do they know?)

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I only spend about £10 or £20

Xmas pressies are over rated self indulgent bollox.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X