• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blimey, I just got a job back in IT...."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Congrats, retail looks like really hard work!

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by gables View Post
    ... I'm so happy!!

Big deal I hear you all shout, well it's been 5 years since I worked in IT per se, I've been running my own shop in that time; although we did have a full e-commerce presence. Couple this with the fact I'm an old biffer at 42 and you can see why I'm pleased.

Wish me luck I could be starting a week on monday
    Congratulations and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Umm, let me guess. Does it begin with an C or an F... and end in ontracting or reelance?
    might do

although having been a contractor for 10 years I'm no stranger to it, but at this stage first things first, I plan to see over the next year or so what type of role I'd like to pursue.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Oh and at 42 you're still a kid!
    RS 42+

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I think I know where I want to go with my career, we'll have to see if this a step in the right direction.
    Umm, let me guess. Does it begin with an C or an F... and end in ontracting or reelance?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Cheers AP, see my eye sight's already on its way out!!
    Then you will have to feel you way

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    girl
    Yeah, yeah I know now

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Yep and a pay rise said the previous guy kept bringing in his suitcase
    girl

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Congrats mate.

So. what type of shop was it and what do you do in IT?

Your id does sound familiar, so welcome back.
    Cheers Clippy,

We had a mountain bike shop; also did casual clothing such as Animal, Duffs, Alpinestars and snowboard\ski technical stuff.

If you'd asked me what I did in IT before I left; I would have said infrastructure design (Microsoft) and enterprise systems management, my title was Technical Architect (contract), in fact this is my second only permie job, my first being when I left college.

This role however is titled Systems Support and I'll be supporting\developing internet\intranet based applications. In the interview a project implementing a new CRM system with middleware (BizTalk) was spoken about which sounded quite interesting.

I think I know where I want to go with my career, we'll have to see if this a step in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Guy
    I know it difficult to tell the girls from the guys on here, but really I thought the girl on mine might have been a hint.

But then again a femail avatar is not always true! Wendy change that avatar.

Congrats by the way.
    Cheers AP, see my eye sight's already on its way out!!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    ... I'm so happy!!

Big deal I hear you all shout, well it's been 5 years since I worked in IT per se, I've been running my own shop in that time; although we did have a full e-commerce presence. Couple this with the fact I'm an old biffer at 42 and you can see why I'm pleased.

Wish me luck I could be starting a week on monday
    Congrats mate.

So. what type of shop was it and what do you do in IT?

Your id does sound familiar, so welcome back.

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post

ooops

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Guy
    I know it difficult to tell the girls from the guys on here, but really I thought the girl on mine might have been a hint.

But then again a femail avatar is not always true! Wendy change that avatar.

Congrats by the way.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    I've been running my own shop in that time; although we did have a full e-commerce presence. Couple this with the fact I'm an old biffer at 42 and you can see why I'm pleased.
    You are MarillionFan, and I claim my 5 badly painted Thai figurines.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Old biffer at 42 - a mere slip of a lad compared to some

Leave a comment:

Working...
X