• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "go on then.. lets start, what you up to this weekend?"

Collapse

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Hole In My Shoe
    One Hand Clapping

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Traffic
    Hole In My Shoe

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Is that the big thing next to the M60 near the Trafford Centre ?
    Traffic

Leave a comment:

• MobileCheese
    replied
    I will be giving my neighbour some hassle this weekend

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Bumped into Viswanathan Anand, the world chess champion. He's fascinated by a new opening I've devised, so he's visiting the farmhouse tomorrow for a few games.

threaded

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Bumped into Viswanathan Anand, the world chess champion. He's fascinated by a new opening I've devised, so he's visiting the farmhouse tomorrow for a few games.

threaded

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    World of Warcraft : Patch 2.3 came out on Wednesday, and with it, the ZA instance...so we have 35 players wanting to go raid the 10 man dungeon....so that's Saturday sorted. Sunday is boardgame day.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    In answer to the original question...

Friday:
    Nightmare journey from work to the airport.
    Late flight.
    Reasonable drive to my parents.
    More CUK.

Saturday:
    Entertaining children and going to the bazaar in the village where my parents live. Wife is away for the weekend.

Sunday:
    Entertain daughter #2 while my mum takes daughter #1 to the theatre.
    Go home.
    Pack.
    Early to bed ready for flight in the morning.

Excitement all weekend then.

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Anybody notice the parells of people living in the real world and thoes in the the virtual and the Time Machine story, where the human race splits, one part goes underground and the rest stay on top. The people who stay outside live a fairytale life provided by the monsters underground until it time to eat them.
    yeah, and the ones on the surface are all beautiful and the ones under are horrible and slimy. Now, what was that all about?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I've heard of similar stories.

The concept of WoW and other online games is not that far removed from the concept of a lively forum where a group of people get together and exchange thoughts etc. It just goes on in a large 3d world where they're all playing a game..

It's not like 2nd life where people pretend to be children and sell virtual kiddy time to paedos. Now that's scary..
    Anybody notice the parells of people living in the real world and thoes in the the virtual and the Time Machine story, where the human race splits, one part goes underground and the rest stay on top. The people who stay outside live a fairytale life provided by the monsters underground until it time to eat them.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I play online games all the time but I tend to stick to MOH and CoD type games, I must admit I have never played WoW, not because I don't like that sort of thing I just don't have the time. My mate was saying how they went to a tailor and bought black suits etc, is that perfectly normal in WoW?

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    One of my old mates who I never see these days (I wonder why?) is very much into WoW, he was telling me about how one of his clan had died in real life and how they had an online funeral, he was deadly serious when explaining how disrespectful it was when a gang of orks ruined it by attacking them as they stood by the graveside... I was absolutely pissing myself at this point which made him quite angry.

There's nowt as queer as folk.
    I've heard of similar stories.

The concept of WoW and other online games is not that far removed from the concept of a lively forum where a group of people get together and exchange thoughts etc. It just goes on in a large 3d world where they're all playing a game..

It's not like 2nd life where people pretend to be children and sell virtual kiddy time to paedos. Now that's scary..

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI? View Post
    they are real people, didn't you know? Just last week a friend of mine told me he couldn't go out because he had just been killed by a giant easter island statue being thrown on him.....
    One of my old mates who I never see these days (I wonder why?) is very much into WoW, he was telling me about how one of his clan had died in real life and how they had an online funeral, he was deadly serious when explaining how disrespectful it was when a gang of orks ruined it by attacking them as they stood by the graveside... I was absolutely pissing myself at this point which made him quite angry.

There's nowt as queer as folk.

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    again? I'm going to have such bad kharma - I'll end up coming back as whatever it is gnats squash..
    oh, but he'll be back as a virus and destroy you from within, and then he'll mutate into a supergiant squid and destroy that little stupid island of yours with all those little stupid statues and then he'll become a flying molten lava spitting dragon and boil the ocean where the island was and then he'll join the CUK Forum and haunt you here and THEN you'll be sorry...

(he's a vindicative little b**tard, you know?).

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI? View Post
    It's ok, just squash him to stop the buzzing noise and you'll be fine....

again? I'm going to have such bad kharma - I'll end up coming back as whatever it is gnats squash..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X