• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

go on then.. lets start, what you up to this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I've heard of similar stories.

The concept of WoW and other online games is not that far removed from the concept of a lively forum where a group of people get together and exchange thoughts etc. It just goes on in a large 3d world where they're all playing a game..

It's not like 2nd life where people pretend to be children and sell virtual kiddy time to paedos. Now that's scary..
    Anybody notice the parells of people living in the real world and thoes in the the virtual and the Time Machine story, where the human race splits, one part goes underground and the rest stay on top. The people who stay outside live a fairytale life provided by the monsters underground until it time to eat them.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Anybody notice the parells of people living in the real world and thoes in the the virtual and the Time Machine story, where the human race splits, one part goes underground and the rest stay on top. The people who stay outside live a fairytale life provided by the monsters underground until it time to eat them.
      yeah, and the ones on the surface are all beautiful and the ones under are horrible and slimy. Now, what was that all about?
      Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

In answer to the original question...

Friday:
        Nightmare journey from work to the airport.
        Late flight.
        Reasonable drive to my parents.
        More CUK.

Saturday:
        Entertaining children and going to the bazaar in the village where my parents live. Wife is away for the weekend.

Sunday:
        Entertain daughter #2 while my mum takes daughter #1 to the theatre.
        Go home.
        Pack.
        Early to bed ready for flight in the morning.

Excitement all weekend then.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

World of Warcraft : Patch 2.3 came out on Wednesday, and with it, the ZA instance...so we have 35 players wanting to go raid the 10 man dungeon....so that's Saturday sorted. Sunday is boardgame day.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Bumped into Viswanathan Anand, the world chess champion. He's fascinated by a new opening I've devised, so he's visiting the farmhouse tomorrow for a few games.

threaded

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
              Bumped into Viswanathan Anand, the world chess champion. He's fascinated by a new opening I've devised, so he's visiting the farmhouse tomorrow for a few games.

threaded
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I will be giving my neighbour some hassle this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  Is that the big thing next to the M60 near the Trafford Centre ?
                  Traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
                    Traffic
                    Hole In My Shoe

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                      Hole In My Shoe
                      One Hand Clapping

Comment

Working...
                      X