• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Picture of a white squirrel"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    My upstairs neighbour feeds them bread.
    Bread is not great for squirrels.

Grey squirrels dig out nuts only if they can't find them elsewhere, they HAVE to do it or they starve to death.

So, the solution is to give them nuts regularly, they will bury them in your garden but they will do it very neatly - it is only when they have to dig them out they are messy.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They only do it because you don't give them yummy nuts, so they have to find them themselves. It is your fault therefore
    No they are fed.

My upstairs neighbour feeds them bread. Cos she feeds the birds. So they nick it off the birds which is amusing to watch.

They dig up most of my bulbs and don't eat them. So I've taken to planting all my bulbs under chicken wire.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Plus grey squirrels dig up my garden and try and eat my bulbs. Unfortunately they don't eat the daffodil ones.
    They only do it because you don't give them yummy nuts, so they have to find them themselves. It is your fault therefore

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Rat = rodent
    Grey Squirrel = rodent

Rats eat rubbish.
    Grey squirrels eat rubbish.

Rats are not cute.
    Grey Squirrels are not cute.

Plus grey squirrels dig up my garden and try and eat my bulbs. Unfortunately they don't eat the daffodil ones.
    ... and I have heard that they also have a specially trained group of swimmers who go and attack boats... now, where was that? .... ah, here http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...light=squirrel

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Rats don't climb trees and don't jump as near as well! Plus rats ain't as fluffy as cute squirrels! So don't mix 'em!
    Rat = rodent
    Grey Squirrel = rodent

Rats eat rubbish.
    Grey squirrels eat rubbish.

Rats are not cute.
    Grey Squirrels are not cute.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Rats with bushy tails.
    ...and bright eyes

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Rats with bushy tails.
    Rats don't climb trees and don't jump as near as well! Plus rats ain't as fluffy as cute squirrels! So don't mix 'em!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Rats already have tails
    Rats with bushy tails.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk View Post
    All squirrels have evil eyes. The rest of em ain't wonderful either. rats with tails.
    Rats already have tails

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    False alarm - it's one of our Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre with his night-vision contacts in.

And the black ones are ninjas

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    False alarm - it's one of our Mountain and Arctic Warfare Cadre with his night-vision contacts in.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    It's an Opus Dei squirrel

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Mental note - cover all nuts in whitening toothpaste to get white squirrels.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    That looks like a robot squirrel

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    It's the chosen one! The prophecy is coming true.

RH will be preparing even as we speak.
    The Sciurine Overlord is here! Rejoice! Our New World Order is almost upon us!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X