• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Picture of a white squirrel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Plus grey squirrels dig up my garden and try and eat my bulbs. Unfortunately they don't eat the daffodil ones.
    They only do it because you don't give them yummy nuts, so they have to find them themselves. It is your fault therefore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      They only do it because you don't give them yummy nuts, so they have to find them themselves. It is your fault therefore
      No they are fed.

My upstairs neighbour feeds them bread. Cos she feeds the birds. So they nick it off the birds which is amusing to watch.

They dig up most of my bulbs and don't eat them. So I've taken to planting all my bulbs under chicken wire.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        My upstairs neighbour feeds them bread.
        Bread is not great for squirrels.

Grey squirrels dig out nuts only if they can't find them elsewhere, they HAVE to do it or they starve to death.

So, the solution is to give them nuts regularly, they will bury them in your garden but they will do it very neatly - it is only when they have to dig them out they are messy.

Comment

Working...
        X