• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weight allowance at airports"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    yeh. They should trim bits off fat people until they are below a stated weight. Alternatively inject them with a fat liquidiser before flight and tap it off to fuel the plane.
    Or help burn less fuel by making them cycle to power the lights. Kind of like a plane in the Flintstones would have been.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Clearly you have weight issues. Fewer pies and more exercise ought to do the trick.
    Couldn't be further from the truth. I am a lean mean ex-fighting machine. I was more concerned with the lot of weedy pigeons like you. You know, the sort that has to run around in the shower to get wet. The royalties you received for fronting the Mr Muscle adverts won't last for ever you know sg. Then you will have to let Ramon go and begin fending for yourself again.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Not so much of a carbon footprint as a calorific blobprint.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The only problem might be that scrawny people would have luggage that was too heavy for their puny arms to lift. Still, I suppose the airlines could get round that by charging them extra for an attendant to carry it for them in much the same way as some budget airlines make the disabled cough up extra dosh for having the audacity to need wheelchairs.
    Clearly you have weight issues. Fewer pies and more exercise ought to do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Hey this was about fatties stealing our weight allowance, not women Vs men.

Anyway, those who get a weight credit can sell their extra allowance to said fatties. Call it a blubber trading scheme
    Not so much of a carbon footprint as a calorific blobprint.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    If you can't fit in the seat width wise you are too fat

Re Sockpuppet, I'd have a neutral limit set at average weight. So a man who was 13 stone would get 30 kilo, a 10 stone woman 30 kilo. Above you lose 10 kilo per 10 kilo, and gain 10 kilo per 10 kilo below. If you were 30 kilo over average weight you pay a surcharge. Double average weight= 2 tickets.
    Allowances made for exceptionally tall, unless they are also exceptionally fat.

Weighing people with luggage, would take no longer than weighing the luggage alone.
    The only problem might be that scrawny people would have luggage that was too heavy for their puny arms to lift. Still, I suppose the airlines could get round that by charging them extra for an attendant to carry it for them in much the same way as some budget airlines make the disabled cough up extra dosh for having the audacity to need wheelchairs.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Hey this was about fatties stealing our weight allowance, not women Vs men.

Anyway, those who get a weight credit can sell their extra allowance to said fatties. Call it a blubber trading scheme

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    You have to admit it's true tho SA. Last time we went on holiday for a whole week the missus said let's just take the one suitcase. There was hardly any room left by the time I starting packing my stuff.
    Yeah but if women DON'T put that kind of effort in, you blokes slag us off for "letting ourselves go" and yous thank us by shagging the young lasses who take 2 suitcases with them (but of course, with them you think it's cute!!)

Women cannot win! FACT!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    You have to admit it's true tho SA. Last time we went on holiday for a whole week the missus said let's just take the one suitcase. There was hardly any room left by the time I starting packing my stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Most of them don't know any.
    Most here just deflate them and take them as hand luggage.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Alternatively inject them with a fat liquidiser before flight and tap it off to fuel the plane.
    Makes sense to refuel inflight in some way or another. After all how much of the fuel is used to carry the fuel on a long distance flight?

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Would probably just result in lots of fatties slimming down their luggage and taking only their thongs. Not so great idea.
    UUURGHH!!! Fat people in thongs...not a good picture...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    You lot have some serious issues with women dont you?
    Most of them don't know any.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    yeh. They should trim bits off fat people until they are below a stated weight. Alternatively inject them with a fat liquidiser before flight and tap it off to fuel the plane.
    I like that - the 80-20 rule in motion!

Tell it to Branson, he's putting R&D into greenifying air travel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X