• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: iPhone - 2 days

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "iPhone - 2 days"

Collapse

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It's a phone with a hard drive, how this is anymore exciting than buying a new vaccum cleaner is beyond me
    Flash memory if we're being particular about it.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    lol, flagrant editorialising.

You are Garry Bushell, I claim my £1.29

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I agree with bagpuss.

It's brings nothing new, but for the gay brigade, it looks nice in their trendy £800K flat above a kebab shop in East London.
    You are Steve Wosniak & I claim my five pounds.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It's a phone with a hard drive, how this is anymore exciting than buying a new vaccum cleaner is beyond me
    I agree with bagpuss.

It's brings nothing new, but for the gay brigade, it looks nice in their trendy £800K flat above a kebab shop in East London.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras View Post
    Why get something overpriced, over engineered and tie myself into a long contract of 18 months when all I want to do is make a telephone call?
    Because you can!

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
    Taken from pages 1 and 2 of the thread:

Definately seems to me that your point was popular = better.

Have you changed your mind now?

lol, flagrant editorialising.

You are Garry Bushell, I claim my £1.29

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    2 days till the UK release of the iPhone.

I switched to O2 when my contract was up for renewal 8 months ago, to get the bundled Wii. And now the iPhone is out on O2 in a couple of days, exxcellent. That was a lucky choice as switching to the iPhone contract is free if you were an O2 customer before September's iPhone announcement (£219 otherwise). The iPhone will cost you £269, minus what you sell your iPod for on eBay if you have one.

So who else is going to get an iPhone? Cue heated debate for and against...
    Why get something overpriced, over engineered and tie myself into a long contract of 18 months when all I want to do is make a telephone call?

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Sorry but you are all missing the point.

Apple's primary role is not to make trendy gadgets. It is to make money and at the moment Apple are convincing enough of us, the gullible public, via their look-good-designs to buy their products.

Some of us like them, some of us don't.

I suspect the iPhone will be so much better in 12 months time and by then we will know whether they were a success or not.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Surfing the web whenever you want using a full version of OS X is quite handy I would argue.
    Maybe it would be if browser and other things built on top supported the sort of things people might expect from that, or indeed from any half-decent Nokia or SE these days.

Still, looks nice and has certain usability merits to it...but just not enough to go on my Xmas shopping list.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    Taken from pages 1 and 2 of the thread:

I will.

The IPod isn't superior to other MP3 players in terms of ease of use.

In my opinion it's not superior in any way at all.
    35 million people disagree with you, sorry.
    Statistically, the majority are generally correct, yes.
    You mean Porsche right? Depends which 911 model you mean et al with the 3 series (2007 320d SE has great miles to the gallon btw), the old A3 is for hairdressers, the new one is great though.

My point is clear, check the beginning of the thread.

Definately seems to me that your point was popular = better.

Have you changed your mind now?

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    So your entire argument is that because something is more popular than it's rivals, it is better than them in every way?

So a ford focus is better than an Audi A3? or a BMW 3 series? or a Porche 911?
    You mean Porsche right? Depends which 911 model you mean et al with the 3 series (2007 320d SE has great miles to the gallon btw), the old A3 is for hairdressers, the new one is great though.

My point is clear, check the beginning of the thread.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    So your entire argument is that because something is more popular than it's rivals, it is better than them in every way?

So a ford focus is better than an Audi A3? or a BMW 3 series? or a Porche 911?

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Did I mention it is almost obscenely pretty, almost puppy-dog-look charming in fact? Beautiful gadget.
    It is very sexy.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Ahh, I see. That is in fact a sentient being called Arm... In fact forget it. Yes, yes that was me surfing in oil. Thanks for the tip.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X