• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone - 2 days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    You seem to have lost track of your original argument, lol.

Your point now is that Sony failed with Betamax and succeeded with the Playstation therefore marketing determines sales. Thanks professor.

mmm, you said in your original post "cue heated debate" - so what did you expect ?

Everyone to say it's the best thing since sliced bread ?
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Explain?
      Not quite sure what needs explaining?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
        mmm, you said in your original post "cue heated debate" - so what did you expect ?

Everyone to say it's the best thing since sliced bread ?
        I expected heated debate.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Not quite sure what needs explaining?
          The fact you appear to have decided I am some sort of surfer dude.

Comment

Pretty hard to get heated about a mobile phone.

You should have talked about how migrants should all be given free iPhones

Comment

You seem to have lost track of your original argument, lol.

Your point now is that Sony failed with Betamax and succeeded with the Playstation therefore marketing determines sales. Thanks professor.
              Just listen for a moment. Betamax failed becuase sony did not own the distribution rights of the films, JVS, Panasonic et al ganged together to push sony out of the market. In the 1990s Sony bought media companies, Epic etc. so it could stranglehold the supply to any new format, for music,films, or games. The Playstation was not technologically the best console at the time, but through marketing and positioning (having the lions share of the supply chain) it was able to dominate. Apple use their own tricks to strangle hold their market and marketing is a large factor in this.

As always happens in market domination, many people do not realise some of the other manufacturers make as good if not better products at a cheaper price.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 7 November 2007, 15:02.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Had a play with one of these yesterday. It really is a wow gadget for the first minute or two - all the animated goodness is superb, especially when you tilt a photo - but after that it's a stunted overpriced pocket mirror. And yes I did figure out how to switch it back on.

Next.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
                  Had a play with one of these yesterday. It really is a wow gadget for the first minute or two - all the animated goodness is superb, especially when you tilt a photo - but after that it's a stunted overpriced pocket mirror. And yes I did figure out how to switch it back on.

Next.
                  Surfing the web whenever you want using a full version of OS X is quite handy I would argue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Just listen for a moment. Betamax failed becuase sony did now own the distribution rights of the films, JVS Panasonic etc ganged together to push sony out of the market. In the 1990s Sony bought media companies, Epic etc. so it could stranglehold the supply to any new format e.g. the Playstation,. The Playstation was not technologically the best console at the time, but through marketing and positioning (having the lions share of the supply chain) it was able to dominate. Apple use their own tricks to strangle hold their market and marketing is a large factor in this.

As always happens in market domination, many people do not realise some of the other manufacturers make as good if not better products at a cheaper price.
                    So who has better designed products than Apple, at a more competitive price? The only people I can think of are Bang and Olufsen whose products are very expensive. Oh, and their MP3 player was a travesty. Sony are second place, but still behind.

Comment

Surfing the web whenever you want using a full version of OS X is quite handy I would argue.
                      I can already surf via HSDPA on my current phone. OSX I don't need.

It is, however, very very pretty and will be quite something in a year or two.

Next.

Comment

Working...
                      X