• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Heart Attack...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Heart Attack..."

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Yes - if it's their fault, as it was.

They have a "Good Night's Sleep Guarantee" - I didn't get one, so they refunded the charge with no hassle or anything. I told them I didn't sleep well, and they gave me the cash back.
    Props to them then as that's decent customer service.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes - if it's their fault, as it was.

They have a "Good Night's Sleep Guarantee" - I didn't get one, so they refunded the charge with no hassle or anything. I told them I didn't sleep well, and they gave me the cash back.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Line from Mash. They are shelling us, we have to evacuate. Hawkey: I think I already have.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Someone set the fire alarm off the other week in the Premier Travel Inn where I was staying.

So I claimed my money back as they guarantee a good night's sleep, which I didn't get.
    The alarm went off in the early hours of the morning in a Premier Travel Inn I was staying at earlier this year. Having made my way down the stairs from the 16th floor, I had the opportunity to mill about on the pavement in the company of numerous dishevelled individuals before we were told it was a false alarm and were allowed to return to our rooms.

Having just got back to sleep, I was awoken again by a member of staff making their way down the corridor pushing a piece of paper under every door. Said piece of paper told me that "as you are aware, the fire alarm sounded earlier this morning" and went on to thank me for my co-operation in evacuating the building

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

So I claimed my money back as they guarantee a good night's sleep, which I didn't get.
    Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Heart attack? Why worry? You have another five surely?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Someone set the fire alarm off the other week in the Premier Travel Inn where I was staying.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    The one time we had a buiilding evacuation exercise all the contracters were assigned the assembly point furthest away from the building.

We didn't see any firemen

On the other hand a nice waitress from a S*******s coffee shop handed round small cups of coffee (for free)

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Best thing about fire alarm tests is the firemen.....
    Especially camp German ones!

Not that I've come across that many of them...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    We had yet another fire alarm test, including full building evacuation drill, the other day and a German guy I work with was saying, "This is the only country where they insist on doing this every week. The Great Fire of London was a terrible tragedy, but really... get over it!"

Which was quite funny when said in a slightly camp German accent. So say it to yourself in a slightly camp German accent. Any better? Oh well, never mind.

Best thing about fire alarm tests is the firemen.....

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    We had yet another fire alarm test, including full building evacuation drill, the other day and a German guy I work with was saying, "This is the only country where they insist on doing this every week. The Great Fire of London was a terrible tragedy, but really... get over it!"

Which was quite funny when said in a slightly camp German accent. So say it to yourself in a slightly camp German accent. Any better? Oh well, never mind.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by where did my id go? View Post
    remember the recommendations have changed.

Its now 30 compressions 2 breaths, maintain at a rate of 5 cycles in two minutes.
    Compressions are to be no stronger than 30lbs pressure

Leave a comment:

• where did my id go?
    replied
    remember the recommendations have changed.

Its now 30 compressions 2 breaths, maintain at a rate of 5 cycles in two minutes.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Mine.

They're testing the tulipping fire tulipping alarms again...

Palpitations++
    Calm down luvvie and have a nice cup of tea!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    tell 'em to shut the tulip up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X