• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cigars.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cigars."

Collapse

• Quote 'n' Post
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    sorry I was so late all but I had to suck fwee willies tonight otherwise I would have made it on to "real world" before 10. Hang on, hang on.... fwee willies? That must be a topic for a fwed surely? I will be here until at least 2 am so go for it all you hear!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Quote 'n' Post View Post
    eh FFS! Another cretinous "funny" troll

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    SA excuse my asking, but why would you buy a present that may kill your bf? You should be anti-smoking now, in any form or shape

Leave a comment:

• Quote 'n' Post
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Just over a year. In that year I've smoked about 3 cigars. It doesn't make me want to smoke ciggies, so its OK. One thing I would really like to give up though is smoking men's willys - I just love doing it too much and what comes out of them if you do it long enough

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Bombay Sapphire is my fav

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    Okay, think I can manage that. I'm still not old\mature enough to appreciate whiskey - will a decent G&T be okay!!
    So which is the best gin?

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Okay, think I can manage that. I'm still not old\mature enough to appreciate whiskey - will a decent G&T be okay!!
    That'll be fine

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    Take Cigar out of tube / box.

. . .

Last thing, cigars are considered best with a strong drink like an old dark rum or whiskey. I do enjoy having a beer with mine from time to time, though any buffs may frown upon this.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    They're not Cuban, but I can highly recommend Churchill Maduro Habano cigars. My favourite smoke for after a meal.

It's important to buy them from the cigar shop in Leadenhall Market, if only because the guy who runs it is the living image of Fidel Castro. Ironically, he doesn't smoke himself.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Occasionaly, only occasionaly mind, I do have a good idea.
    ain't it grand when it happens? from the carefully reasoned solutions to the blinding inspirational flashes to the utterly serendepetitious. i count them as great achievements in my life.

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bite and spit (on the shoes of the biggest body guard in the room). Take out a fifty or bigger. Light that and then light the cigar with that.
    Or that!

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Okay, so what's the correct way to smoke the finest Cuban? I'm attending a mate's poker tourney soon & a cigar would seem the correct accessory for this?

- I have to cut the end off (not bite it off & spit it out!).
    - Light the cigar (rolling around the flame to get an even burn) - not using butane lighters or something that may affect the taste.
    - Smoke the thing over several hours, doing a Bill (not inhaling!).

Is this okay? Clearly I don't want to look like I haven't a clue! Like when you first tried smoking in your teens & getting accused of "bumming the cigarette"!
    Take Cigar out of tube / box.

Remove tag / band. While you may want others to know what you are smoking, that relationship is between you and your cigar.

Cut the end off using a decent cutter, not a scissor or knife. The cut should be clean and fast leaving no serrated edges or bits of leaf hanging off.

The lighting method is open to some debate but using a match from a box which doesn’t scream cheap is fine.

Hold the lit match well below the end (not the one you have just cut) and roll the cigar whilst you inhale small puffs. Check the tip to make sure that the end is fully lit. The result should be a smooth draw, not one that you have to go blue in the face to inhale. If the draw isn’t smooth, try lighting it again. It is best to have to light it once or twice than end up holding a charred stick.

Have a large ashtray nearby; cigar ashtrays are better as they let you rest the cigar without touching the lit end on the bottom. Try not to rest the lit end on anything.

Enjoy!

Note the cigar will go out by itself, do not stuff it out when you have had enough! Just let it rest. Also you don’t have to tap it every 3 seconds, when enough ash as grown then tap it, it won’t fall of as easily as a cig would.

Last thing, cigars are considered best with a strong drink like an old dark rum or whiskey. I do enjoy having a beer with mine from time to time, though any buffs may frown upon this.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Okay, so what's the correct way to smoke the finest Cuban? I'm attending a mate's poker tourney soon & a cigar would seem the correct accessory for this?

- Light the cigar (rolling around the flame to get an even burn) - not using butane lighters or something that may affect the taste.

Is this okay? Clearly I don't want to look like I haven't a clue! Like when you first tried smoking in your teens & getting accused of "bumming the cigarette"!
    Bite and spit (on the shoes of the biggest body guard in the room). Take out a fifty or bigger. Light that and then light the cigar with that.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    sas,

if stopping smoking is one of your life achievements...

i suggest you aim higher

Milan.
    Well so far your one achievement seems to be owning a grey Passat. Perhaps you could aim higher and get a red one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X