• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Update on b)

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Update on b)"

Collapse

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    Tax, VAT, Inflation???
    Quite. Best to invest it in a decent High/Medium/Low risk portfolio, or maybe take a gamble on house prices climbing in the medium term.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    ... er, 2 pence.
    Tax, VAT, Inflation???

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Here's my 2 pence for what its worth.
    ... er, 2 pence.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Why not go away for the weekend, just you 2 without the kids. Have a nice meal together and a good chat?

Start by telling her you have been thinking a lot about what she said and need to know if she meant it. Then just be honest with her. She may have said it to provoke a reaction from you, she may have said it because she wants to know your feelings. On the other side of the coin you may have fallen out of love with her because of what she had said.

Communication is the key here I think.

You'll feel so much better when you have spoken to her. I would also forget about b) and not mention it!

Good luck.
    Yep - good one.

That's the next step.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    You either really make a go of it at home (kids can tell the difference, you know) or you make the brake.

Anything is better than a half-life...

Be brave, you've done it once, you can do it again.

xx.
    break

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    You've GOT to sort it one way or the other. It's not fair on yourself, your wife or your kids.

If what you are saying is that if b) has reciprocated you would have left a) and yet because b) didn't reciprocate you are going to stay put then I think that you are being a coward (although I didn't before!!).

You can't wait for a nice escape route to appear before you sort your life out!!! you will feel better for it in the long run.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Correct.

Why not go away for the weekend, just you 2 without the kids. Have a nice meal together and a good chat?

Start by telling her you have been thinking a lot about what she said and need to know if she meant it. Then just be honest with her. She may have said it to provoke a reaction from you, she may have said it because she wants to know your feelings. On the other side of the coin you may have fallen out of love with her because of what she had said.

Communication is the key here I think.

You'll feel so much better when you have spoken to her. I would also forget about b) and not mention it!

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    You either really make a go of it at home (kids can tell the difference, you know) or you make the brake.

Anything is better than a half-life...

Be brave, you've done it once, you can do it again.

xx.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    IIRC, Moose said that he'd tried that, got all the blame, and would never go again.

Something like that.
    Correct.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
    Have you thought of Relate or the like?
    IIRC, Moose said that he'd tried that, got all the blame, and would never go again.

Something like that.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    It took me 6 years to pluck up courage to tell someone that I love her. How long do you think it will take to tell someone that I don't love her?
    PM me her email address - I'll do it for you.

Or her MSN details.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Right. Update time. For those who are interested.

b) told me I need to move on, and was worried I was getting mixed messages from her.

So that's that I guess. Next.
    Oh dear.

At least you took a chance and know where you stand with (b) - which means that you can mow move on to something. I guess the big question is what does "Next" mean.

Does the response from (b) in any way alter your feelings for (a)? However you're feeling now, it sounds to me like you need to focus on sorting your marriage out one way or the other. From your last topic on this, you said that your wife had said that she no longer loved you - now it's time to find out how serious she was, and how serious you are about not being in love with her. If neither of you wants to be together, then it's time to make a clean break of it.

You never know - once you've sorted out (a), (b) may view you as a more viable prospect. She could well be thinking that she doesn't want to break up your marriage, particularly when there are children involved. If there is no marriage to break up, then she may feel completely differently. I wouldn't bank on this outcome, but for the sake of your own sanity and feelings, and those particularly of your children, you need to sort out home really.

Best of luck with whatever happens.

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    It took me 6 years to pluck up courage to tell someone that I love her. How long do you think it will take to tell someone that I don't love her?
    Have you thought of Relate or the like?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    and you don't think it's fixable? even now you've got no distractions or "what if's" on your mind?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
    Hey Moose, I feel for you.

But ... are you going to sort out a) nonetheless???

Windy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X