• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You win a £1,000,000..."

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    The screaming is much the same from what I understand...
    You can hear it more clearly due to less noise being produced as there's no anti-torque rotor.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Nice one! I hope you blast out Wagner's when you fly the 500!

Would like to type rate on a Citation just to see...at this moment in time I couldn't afford it - my main aviation goals are to buy a performance twin piston for flights to Spain/E. Europe. Went to the airshow and was impressed with the Diamond Aircraft D-JET - would love to own one of those.

http://www.diamondair.com/aircraft/djet/index.html

What happens to the control of yaw during turbine failure for a NOTAR - is it the same as conventional?
    You have to remember that although less thrust is produced out of the rear nozzle, the shape of the tail boom is such that air-flow over it produces some anti torque force. Also, the fan that produces the thrust for the nozzle that replaces the anti-torque rotor is still driven from the main-rotor, just like the anti-torque rotor on a conventional bird. This gives you yaw control.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    What happens to the control of yaw during turbine failure for a NOTAR - is it the same as conventional?
    The screaming is much the same from what I understand...

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Yup. Hughes 500 and Long Ranger.

Hoping to do a NOTAR conversion next year. Want one!!!
    Nice one! I hope you blast out Wagner's when you fly the 500!

Would like to type rate on a Citation just to see...at this moment in time I couldn't afford it - my main aviation goals are to buy a performance twin piston for flights to Spain/E. Europe. Went to the airshow and was impressed with the Diamond Aircraft D-JET - would love to own one of those.

http://www.diamondair.com/aircraft/djet/index.html

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by al_cam View Post
    One of my favourite lines from the Simpsons is when Mr Burns wins $1M, Mr Smithers asks him what he is going to do with it and he says

"I don't know, just throw it on the pile I suppose"
    Funnily enough that's exactly what I do with my Premium Bond wins.

Sadly, up til now, only the 50/100 quid variety.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Sadly I have a high-maintenance wife and, I am embarrassed to say, a mortgage which I'm whittling away.

I've barely got enough cash secreted away to keep my Multi going.

You got jet type rating on the whirlybirds?
    Yup. Hughes 500 and Long Ranger.

Hoping to do a NOTAR conversion next year. Want one!!!

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Like bronzey or goldy but made of iron.
    That's it exactly.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Class.

Have you got any jet time yet?
    Sadly I have a high-maintenance wife and, I am embarrassed to say, a mortgage which I'm whittling away.

I've barely got enough cash secreted away to keep my Multi going.

You got jet type rating on the whirlybirds?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I'd buy something like this

http://www.shaitan-of-corsica.com/

So I've somewhere to live when the oceans swamp everywhere in Britain except Ben Nevis.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The very definition of irony...
    Like bronzey or goldy but made of iron.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Rent a Citation X bizjet, move all my guitar gear into it, take off and fly to FL300, stick the autopilot on for a racetrack NDB hold and finally master the Lynyrd Skynyrd Freebird solo.

Before the fuel runs out.
    Irony at its best

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Rent a Citation X bizjet, move all my guitar gear into it, take off and fly to FL300, stick the autopilot on for a racetrack NDB hold and finally master the Lynyrd Skynyrd Freebird solo.

Class.

Have you got any jet time yet?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I would build schools for the poor in 3rd world countries.

When they are old enough to walk/talk I would put them to work and use that income to generate more money. Money making Money #101.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
    Drink myself to death
    Sounds a bit grim, mate.

Go to Las Vegas to do it though, it worked for Nicolas Cage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X