• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stephen Fry's HIV prog..."

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Proof would be no problem. I would keep the invoices. Probably about £2.50 + VAT at my age.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    It's an idea though. Trying to sort out another chunk of my pension today. I could get a much better rate if I smoked heavily and had it up the bum from 20 different blokes every night.
    I think you need to certify that you have it up the bum from 200 different blokes per weekend for it to make a difference to your annuity.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Given that a recent US study put the lifetime cost of treating one person with HIV at $200k, it is high time that some risky life style decisions were taken into account when deciding if people get treatment. The money could be better spent on those who get ill due to little or no fault of their own.
    Not sure I'd want morals judgement calls to start defining who get's treatment and who doesn't - where do you stop once you go down that path?

And yeah I think it's an appaling choice as well to knowingly make oneself HIV positive, but that doesn't extend to failing to treat people for making a stupiud decison (Who knows what mental state they're in when they do something like that).

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    It's an idea though. Trying to sort out another chunk of my pension today. I could get a much better rate if I smoked heavily and had it up the bum from 20 different blokes every night.
    Rather than your usual ration of 19 different blokes every night?

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    I remember reading that the trusty condom ain't so trusty, after all.

Its success is usually gauged by its good results WTR stopping pregnancy. However, condom failure is often masked by the fact that no pregnancy would have happened anyway, for a variety of reasons. Sadly, the naughty HIV virus is always ready to get to work, fertile/whatever, or not.

When I read this (15 years ago) the failure rate of condoms was thought to be about 13%.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was listening to an interview with George Michael last saturday. He was implying that somehow, gay people who die due to aids are heroic and should be honoured. His tone was the same as other people use to discuss, e.g. the heroic war dead.
    Maybe he means they both died from the effects of a large calibre "weapon"?

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I was listening to an interview with George Michael last saturday. He was implying that somehow, gay people who die due to aids are heroic and should be honoured. His tone was the same as other people use to discuss, e.g. the heroic war dead.
    The heroic war dead? He is, of course, extracting the urine, one would hope.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    A rather extreme form of S&M maybe. This is the sort of stuff novels are made of, but the plot would have seemed rather far fetched.

Given that a recent US study put the lifetime cost of treating one person with HIV at $200k, it is high time that some risky life style decisions were taken into account when deciding if people get treatment. The money could be better spent on those who get ill due to little or no fault of their own.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    What they don't tell you on these programs is the probability of contracting HIV is very low, especially if you are hetrosexual and male. Even if you have sex with someone positive the chances of a one off infection are possibly less than 1%. The higher risk comes from anal activity, shared drug abuse or frequent sexual exposure to HIV infected people.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Both not hetero... (one was a STI doctor relating what a patient had told him...)

The gifting thing was particularly appalling because a 19 year old lad had anal sex with 5 men, all positive to become positive himself... & to make sure, they stuck a plug up him to keep it all inside afterwards...

It really beggars belief.

Fry appeared to be quite staggered.

May all be apocryphal of course.
    What is his reason for wanting to catch HIV?

Leave a comment:

• chasingtheaurora
    replied
    Both not hetero... (one was a STI doctor relating what a patient had told him...)

The gifting thing was particularly appalling because a 19 year old lad had anal sex with 5 men, all positive to become positive himself... & to make sure, they stuck a plug up him to keep it all inside afterwards...

It really beggars belief.

Fry appeared to be quite staggered.

May all be apocryphal of course.
    That's utterly, utterly appalling! What possibly kudos could be had from being HIV +ve? (From my own, failed medical students perspective).

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    a 19 year old lad had anal sex with 5 men, all positive to become positive himself... & to make sure, they stuck a plug up him to keep it all inside afterwards...
    and was the subsequent tab for medical care ever mentioned?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Did anyone watch this last week?

Was amazed to hear one guy speak of "gifting" HIV... Fry seemed quite appalled.

He also seemed amazed at the concept of anyone having 200 (yes two hundred) sexual partners in a weekend...

As was I...
    Didn't watch it but were both quotes by hetro or homo chappies?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X