• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's our heritage, see, lovely boy..."

Collapse

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    No not much countryside there apart from,
    Snowdonia national park, the Peak district, the Lake district, the Yorkshire Moors
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Doesn't count: can't build houses on any of it. Forfeit.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    That's the crap thing about Wales and North of England, they do not appear to have any vegetation. Real country is dark drippy woodland full of moquitos, not bare hills.
    No not much countryside there apart from,
    Snowdonia national park, the Peak district, the Lake district, the Yorkshire Moors
    etc
    etc
    etc

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    We have a coke mountain visible from our house. Well, actually it's a little hill left from when the brickworks used to use coke in the kilns. You can't see it's made of coke any more as it has trees and bushes on it.

That's the crap thing about Wales and North of England, they do not appear to have any vegetation. Real country is dark drippy woodland full of moquitos, not bare hills.
    Soon to be a dark, dripping with blood land, full of mosques.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    We have a coke mountain visible from our house. Well, actually it's a little hill left from when the brickworks used to use coke in the kilns. You can't see it's made of coke any more as it has trees and bushes on it.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I bet its located in the UK, anyone belonging to a ‘baty boy’ group in Jamaica wouldn’t last long.

It’s more likely a front for yardie crack dealers.
    Yeah mon, anudder 10k from dem uk counciwls, yacudna make da sheeet up
    now wher me choice blo man

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Perhaps someone could work out a way whereby whenever sasguru posts something we are redirected towards a vision of this tulipheap in much the same way that Reggie Perrin visualised a trotting hippo every time his mother-in-law was mentioned?
    I think you are being a little unfair to the tulipe-heap there.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

I suggest they make it a dogging mound for the Jamaican Forum for Lesbians All-Sexuals and Gays (J-FLAG).
    I bet its located in the UK, anyone belonging to a ‘baty boy’ group in Jamaica wouldn’t last long.

It’s more likely a front for yardie crack dealers.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Perhaps someone could work out a way whereby whenever sasguru posts something we are redirected towards a vision of this tulipheap in much the same way that Reggie Perrin visualised a trotting hippo every time his mother-in-law was mentioned?
    Seconded.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    To be fair it's probably quite pretty compared to the rest of Wrexham.

I suggest they make it a dogging mound for the Jamaican Forum for Lesbians All-Sexuals and Gays (J-FLAG).
    And have some sort of pillory at the summit for fire fighters.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    To be fair it's probably quite pretty compared to the rest of Wrexham.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    And do your visitors comment on this hobby then DBA?
    No visitors these days. Can't think why, though.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Can you not go skiing on it in winter?

I'm sure some affordable housing can be built on it for "key public sector workers" comrade.

What don't you sell it bit by bit on ebay? "Own part of a heritage site"

Any other ideas on how the Welsh can capitalise on this obvious benefit?
    Fashion the debris into Franklyn Mint-like sculptures of typical Wrexham scenes:
    Pushing a pram to Netto.
    Pushing a pram back from Netto, with bottles of spirits hidden under the lifelike ginger, one-eyed baby.
    Wrexham teenagers loitering & drinking cheap lager - in school.
    Fights in unbelievably horrible Wrexham pubs.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    Saving that big pile of old crap is like storing one's poo in plastic sandwich bags and displaying them around the sitting room for visitors to admire.
    And do your visitors comment on this hobby then DBA?

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Can you not go skiing on it in winter?

I'm sure some affordable housing can be built on it for "key public sector workers" comrade.

What don't you sell it bit by bit on ebay? "Own part of a heritage site"

Any other ideas on how the Welsh can capitalise on this obvious benefit?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X