• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's our heritage, see, lovely boy...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_B View Post
    Funnily enough I grew up near there.

I'm glad it's staying. It's a very visible symbol of the history behind the community and it still stirs emotions

You are so lucky. When I was growing up there was a gasworks just over the road. The heartless shortsighted inconsiderate b@stards in the town planning department sanctioned just pulling it down eventually leaving us with nothing but a panoramic view of Arran. If only they had possessed such vision and artistic consideration eh? I don't suppose a single man jack of them was a druid mind!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
      It's a big pile of old crap. It represents nothing more than ... er ... a big pile of old crap.
      I sense an unsurprising lack of historical appreciation from the DBA. Just because it's not in World of Warcraft or Lord of the Rings, doesn't mean it doesn't have a significance. It's something from the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        You are so lucky. When I was growing up there was a gasworks just over the road. The heartless shortsighted inconsiderate b@stards in the town planning department sanctioned just pulling it down eventually leaving us with nothing but a panoramic view of Arran. If only they had possessed such vision and artistic consideration eh? I don't suppose a single man jack of them was a druid mind!!

If they pulled down the mound, there would be a panoramic view of a bypass, a roundabout, a little chef and a Vauxhall garage. It's a no brainer even for a druid.

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
          I sense an unsurprising lack of historical appreciation from the DBA. Just because it's not in World of Warcraft or Lord of the Rings, doesn't mean it doesn't have a significance. It's something from the real world.
          Saving that big pile of old crap is like storing one's poo in plastic sandwich bags and displaying them around the sitting room for visitors to admire.

LOTR: Who said I like it? I do, but who said? It's a bloody Police State.

Comment

Can you not go skiing on it in winter?

I'm sure some affordable housing can be built on it for "key public sector workers" comrade.

What don't you sell it bit by bit on ebay? "Own part of a heritage site"

Any other ideas on how the Welsh can capitalise on this obvious benefit?
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
              Saving that big pile of old crap is like storing one's poo in plastic sandwich bags and displaying them around the sitting room for visitors to admire.
              And do your visitors comment on this hobby then DBA?
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                Can you not go skiing on it in winter?

I'm sure some affordable housing can be built on it for "key public sector workers" comrade.

What don't you sell it bit by bit on ebay? "Own part of a heritage site"

Any other ideas on how the Welsh can capitalise on this obvious benefit?
                Fashion the debris into Franklyn Mint-like sculptures of typical Wrexham scenes:
                Pushing a pram to Netto.
                Pushing a pram back from Netto, with bottles of spirits hidden under the lifelike ginger, one-eyed baby.
                Wrexham teenagers loitering & drinking cheap lager - in school.
                Fights in unbelievably horrible Wrexham pubs.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  And do your visitors comment on this hobby then DBA?
                  No visitors these days. Can't think why, though.

Comment

To be fair it's probably quite pretty compared to the rest of Wrexham.

I suggest they make it a dogging mound for the Jamaican Forum for Lesbians All-Sexuals and Gays (J-FLAG).
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      To be fair it's probably quite pretty compared to the rest of Wrexham.

I suggest they make it a dogging mound for the Jamaican Forum for Lesbians All-Sexuals and Gays (J-FLAG).
                      And have some sort of pillory at the summit for fire fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X