• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Trip to Theme Park

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trip to Theme Park"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    I'm guessing that one had to have actually been there for any of that to be (a) interesting (b) interesting, or (c) interesting.

Strange you werent invited?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm guessing that one had to have actually been there for any of that to be (a) interesting (b) interesting, or (c) interesting.
    Not at all. I found it mildly amusing, but I am very very bored and hungover.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Do what one of my Disties did, get everyone to dress up in Uniform, stay at the hotel and the challenge is to see who can get the most booze on the Boss's room bill. Cracking weekend and an excuse to see one of our best looking salesgirls dressed up in full WRAF uniform (She brought her own, mighty fine she looked in it too ). Some of the customer's female workers also had fun ideas about uniform.

Almost as much fun as when we did an exhibition and saw our snooty Blonde Bombshell walking out of her room in the morning with a Muscular Chippie carrying her bags. Sales Director was suitably amused.
    Think Truck Drivers, Sally & drop the Dead Donkey.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Do what one of my Disties did, get everyone to dress up in Uniform, stay at the hotel and the challenge is to see who can get the most booze on the Boss's room bill or if unattached who can get the most hot bods in their room - I remained propping up the Bar of course having recently wed. Cracking weekend and an excuse to see one of our best looking salesgirls dressed up in full WRAF uniform (She brought her own, mighty fine she looked in it too ). Some of the customer's female workers also had fun ideas about uniform. Got a few looks when we hit the rides.

Almost as much fun as when we did an exhibition and saw our snooty Blonde Bombshell walking out of her room in the morning with a Muscular Chippie carrying her bags. Sales Director was suitably amused.
    Think Truck Drivers, Sally & drop the Dead Donkey.
    Last edited by vetran; 20 September 2007, 12:37. Reason: Wait theres more

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    How about a grab-a-granny day?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Top tip for Alton Towers - Take somebody with a blue disabled badge. You walk straight to the front of the que. One blue badge gets 3 helpers (i think)

Last time I took my son we went on all the big rides at least 3 times. Really good value for money on that basis. Plus you get to park right outside the gates!

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    I went on a "Team-Building" event at Silverstone. It's painful to recall just how utterly crap it was. We all left hating even more people in the "Team" than before we went!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Last person to commit suicide in despair at their worthless life that has led them to this pitiful team-building event wins.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Or, do what everyone does on team-building exercises: form small sub-groups, and bitterly gripe about the members of the other sub-groups. And laugh heartily whenever the boss makes a joke, now that he's away from the office and being one of the lads. WARNING: Do not for a second forget that he's still the boss. Also, send him an email after you all get back to the office, congratulating him on a superb, inspired team-building day.
    always the realist

They do offer their own corporate style team building challenge, if you can't be bothered with coming up with anything yourself.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Or, do what everyone does on team-building exercises: form small sub-groups, and bitterly gripe about the members of the other sub-groups. And laugh heartily whenever the boss makes a joke, now that he's away from the office and being one of the lads. WARNING: Do not for a second forget that he's still the boss. Also, send him an email after you all get back to the office, congratulating him on a superb, inspired team-building day.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    We have managed to get a free day out at our local Theme Park (.....Towers) but can only go if we can prove that it is a team building experience and not just a do what you want when you get their day.

Any ideas how we can introduce some sort of game or competition whilst we are there that will last for the whole day.

All ideas would be great
    First person or team to go on all rides. This will involve planning the order you visit the rides, analysing how quickly queues form and are processed at different times of the day, decision making under time pressure, and "travelling sales person" type analysis of shortest distance to visit all attractions.

Must learn to type faster!
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 20 September 2007, 10:36. Reason: Beaten to it.

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Time taken to go on all the rides?

Calculate game plan etc and put into action ie

Biggest queue’s vs time of day
    Making the most efficient route through the park
    Key attractions plus some smaller ones

Bonus points for time, and repetition once completed?
    Last edited by Swiss Tony; 20 September 2007, 10:35.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    We have managed to get a free day out at our local Theme Park (.....Towers) but can only go if we can prove that it is a team building experience and not just a do what you want when you get their day.

Any ideas how we can introduce some sort of game or competition whilst we are there that will last for the whole day.

All ideas would be great
    there

How about eat your lunch on the rollercoasters competition, a la scouts on Jim'll fix it

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied

All ideas would be great
    See who is the last person to get arrested for massacring screaming kids.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    For any maths boffins in your team, Queuing Theory games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X