• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Northern Crock and Nick Fritz"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    I think it time to buy buy buy! Looks shares a gaining in value!

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NRK.L&t=1d

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Where's the mighty investment expert Nick Fritz this morning ?

Did he put it all on NRK ?

Milan.
    I think I saw him queuing outside Northern Rock in Milton Keynes, trying to get his £200 out.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Where's the mighty investment expert Nick Fritz this morning ?

Did he put it all on NRK ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Congratulations!!! You now understand how the UK economy works...
    Thanks - i'm under no illusions about how the UK & US economies work

At least we have Alistair "dont panic" Darling or should that be Alistair "Gordon's Patsy" Darling running things now

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Shouldn't "works" be in inverted commas?
    Yup, thought about it but... I reckoned that we all know that "work" is meant in the loosest of terms...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot View Post
    Thats good, the UK's personal indebtedness is 1.9 Trillions pounds Perhaps we can make some money on it And then put the balance into the other "reputable" lenders like the Bradford&Bingley and the Alliance&Leicester so they can lend out some more
    Congratulations!!! You now understand how the UK economy works...

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Always remember, debt is a commodity too...
    Thats good, the UK's personal indebtedness is 1.9 Trillions pounds Perhaps we can make some money on it And then put the balance into the other "reputable" lenders like the Bradford&Bingley and the Alliance&Leicester so they can lend out some more

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've just worked it out - all those people in the queues will be wanting to apply for loans.
    Always remember, debt is a commodity too...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I've just worked it out - all those people in the queues will be wanting to apply for loans.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Lloyds, but the BoE stopped it...

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Northern rock were always the most likely candidate for this. 6x lending, 125% LTV, etc.

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    Nr

I don't think there's too much danger of them running out of cash.
    they are out of cash since no other bank will lend them money. (its a strong signal methinks !)
    the rate of 7% offered by the BOE is excessive and will eat margins

BTW the economic model of NR sucks big time in the current times : 73% of the financing comes from commercial paper in the credit derivatives market, wich has become pretty illiquid the last times.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    but opportunistic M&A always has been a weekend sport. Let's see what Monday brings.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    They reckon that the withdrawals are at £2billion. Monday will see some big hits as well. NR reckon that postal accounts will start to be emptied which contain over £10billion.

Certainly wouldn't buy shares in them at the moment. They were due to announce a takeover last week before the loan was needed. If the share price drops 31% you think that bank would pounce but not so...I think that is a bad sign.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I wonder how many of those people queueing actually have more than £2000 in their savings accounts.
    I think you'd be surprised.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X