• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: premie or contract

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "premie or contract"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Yeah well this one is 5 times the permie rate you mentioned, plus a litte more.
    £500k+ p.a. is a very, very tasty basic salary. According to this calculator that works out at over £25k per month net.

Shame about the £200k p.a. deductions though...

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    scooterscot, would you kindly reveal what this job you are being offered entails?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Currently the client I'm at is making all the wrong, very very wrong strategic decisions and very soon it will all end in tears.

I'm sat here thinking "if I was a permie I'd have to give a tulip about this" instead of just increasing the rate and taking the extension for sorting the mess out.

Also just spoke to a permie who was filling out her review bollux documentation ahead of her 360...

no amount of money could ever compensate

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    the poor fish...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    To quote an unnamed Hell's Angel speaking to Hunter S Thompson:
    "I'd go under water and **** fish for that kind of money."

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    you've filled out this haven't you..

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    This job does not require a knowledge of side arms and knowing how to use them when ordered!
    Pfff! Threaded invented side arms!!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    This job does not require a knowledge of side arms and knowing how to use them when ordered!

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Threaded wouldn't even get out of the bed for at least 20 times that rate.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    TAKE IT!!!

PS Want someone to carry your bags?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Gracefully turn it down. If there paying very very well, it will mean they think they own you. If the permie rate is £100,000 a year, then you should be charging as a contractor £100 an hour, according to the usual rule of thumb. That's £170,000 gross.

I was recently offered a permie job with my current client. The salary was very good, and it is a nice place to work. But what really made me reject it was the fact that I wouldn't be able to take 12 weeks holiday a year.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Gracefully turn it down. If there paying very very well, it will mean they think they own you. If the permie rate is £100,000 a year, then you should be charging as a contractor £100 an hour, according to the usual rule of thumb. That's £170,000 gross.

I was recently offered a permie job with my current client. The salary was very good, and it is a nice place to work. But what really made me reject it was the fact that I wouldn't be able to take 12 weeks holiday a year.
    My last permie job had 20 days leave per year, and you had to take three between Christmas and New Year. Job was OK, location was great, pay reasonable, but the holiday was the crunch that sent me contracting.

Depends on what they are offering as a package - money isn't everything, it's a lifestyle choice. I work away most of the time, but only work 9 months a year and spend the rest with my family. I'd rather do that than have little or no holiday but more money.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Spending the weekend thinking about it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X