• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: underwater photos

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "underwater photos"

Collapse

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    50m down?!! I'm impressed! I'm even more impressed that a plastic bag can withstand such pressure. My Aquapac was tough thick skin, still it leaked. Abrasion at pressure on this skin is like wet toilet paper, make sure you do not allow it to come into contact with any surface while in the water, I even managed to damage the skin slightly on the regulator.

I took out insurance with Direct Line they were quite good when it came to it.
    Bloody hell, I haven't seen those before. Normally the point of failure is the O ring on the solid casings. I've got this sony one that is rated to 30m though I've had it down at over 55 without a poblem.

I guess the big difference is the old 35mm SLR cameras used for underwater photography were popular becuase they could take the occassional flooding without knackering them up completely.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    found this compnay, and they are only 20 mins from my current gig, the do the bag type and the fixed plastic type, think I'd also get insurance for the camera.....

http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/e...usings.html#ua

50m down?!! I'm impressed! I'm even more impressed that a plastic bag can withstand such pressure. My Aquapac was tough thick skin, still it leaked. Abrasion at pressure on this skin is like wet toilet paper, make sure you do not allow it to come into contact with any surface while in the water, I even managed to damage the skin slightly on the regulator.

I took out insurance with Direct Line they were quite good when it came to it.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    found this company, and they are only 20 mins from my current gig, the do the bag type and the fixed plastic type, think I'd also get insurance for the camera.....

http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/e...usings.html#ua
    Last edited by n5gooner; 5 September 2007, 11:53.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm off to Sardinia in a week or so and will be doing some scuba and snorkelling. I'd like to be able to take some underwater pictures, I've a Nikon D80 but I'm fairly sure I can't get a waterproof housing for it. So I've found this camera Olympus MJU 770SW, has anyone got one, and what are the images like underwater ??
    I had an Aquapac for my Canon 350D (standard SLR case), it leaked. Long insurance battle when I came back. My advice anything you put in the water make sure it's cheap.

A cheap compact in a hardened case should be fine. You need loads of light for underwater photos or so I found out. Some of my best pictures were taken while wading in coral! (with there being more light at the surface) but the fish still swam lightening fast.

Enjoy the scuba!

Pay
    And
    Die
    Idiot

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

flickr is your friend.
    (Well, our friend.)
    There's enough other sites about posting gf pics.... apparently someone told me
    Yes, but they're blocked at most firms

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

flickr is your friend.
    (Well, our friend.)
    There's enough other sites about posting gf pics.... apparently someone told me

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    re pervy pics, I did use a disposable underwater a few months ago to get hte GF who was topless, they made some good "art" pictures.....

flickr is your friend.
    (Well, our friend.)

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    good "art" pictures.....

Linky please

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    found this one...$120
    http://www.waterproof-paper.com/case...era-case.shtml

re pervy pics, I did use a disposable underwater a few months ago to get hte GF who was topless, they made some good "art" pictures.....
    good work fella

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    found this one...$120
    http://www.waterproof-paper.com/case...era-case.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    He only wants to take pics of chicks underwater in tiny bikinis...perv

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    very disappointed the board has mangled the bubbles on my underwater post.

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    o o o o o
    o
    o o o o o
    o o
    o o o
    o o
    o o o o o
    o o

bloop blooop bloop bloooooop bloop blooop bloop bloooooop

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    Not used either but if you are trying out underwater photography for the 1st time then the camera is not the critical factor.
    Agreed, getting the bl00dy fish to stay still whilst you faff around to untangle your camera from your regs only to get back on the boat to see that you managed to take a pic of it's tail and the end of someones fin. *

*Pondlife in 'still not got the hang of this photography malarky' mode

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    I'm off to Sardinia in a week or so and will be doing some scuba and snorkelling. I'd like to be able to take some underwater pictures, I've a Nikon D80 but I'm fairly sure I can't get a waterproof housing for it. So I've found this camera Olympus MJU 770SW, has anyone got one, and what are the images like underwater ??
    The D80 does have a housing for around 1300 quid wheras the whole setup for the Olympus is about 400 quid.

Not used either but if you are trying out underwater photography for the 1st time then the camera is not the critical factor.

I've used an early cybershot for around 6 years and the results are pretty good.

Real underwater photography is ubergeekdom and needs deep pockets so ideal for contractors really

Leave a comment:

Working...
X