• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 57% of men...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "57% of men..."

Collapse

• ElectricChair
    replied
    I wonder what percentage of women dont know? We get Moolly Maid in - I stand as much chance of knowing as my gf.

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    A small % of men don't even know basic safety precautions when vacuuming, according to research on excuses given by men presenting in A&E with embarrassing vacuum cleaner related injuries.
    Indeed, you gotta wonder about the thought process that leads up to plunging your (presumably co-operative) one-and-only bestest mate into a vacuum nozzle and then hitting the on button. I'll never know why women think they understand blokes.

An A&E working relative informed me that still buzzing, firmly lodged vibros are another common cause of male embarrassment. How long do batteries last ffs

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    My wife says it's orange and it's kept in the under stairs cupboard with the rest of the cleaning stuff.

We have an under stairs cupboard !!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I can hardly use my vacuum without the little one coming along and dismantling the end and pretending to vacuum the room.

and oh yeah

I just tool a look and mine's blue.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    A small % of men don't even know basic safety precautions when vacuuming, according to research on excuses given by men presenting in A&E with embarrassing vacuum cleaner related injuries.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    From Steve Wright just now:

"A survey has reported that 57% of men don't know what colour their vacuum cleaner is".

Mine's orange.

Discuss.
    Mine's orange too. Like Dale Winton. Come to think of it, it sucks like <deleted by moderator>

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Funily enough I have just upgraded, i.e. bought a new, iRobot Roomba. Cute as a button, and goes back and charges itself. Guess the help empties it.
    The help? What happened to the slaves?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Funily enough I have just upgraded, i.e. bought a new, iRobot Roomba. Cute as a button, and goes back and charges itself. Guess the help empties it.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    My one is dark blue and I discovered this very week that it doesn’t over heat and shut down as well as suck up more stuff you take the little bag out when it is full and put a new one in. I love it when I make discoveries like that.

However, I would far rather have someone who knows what they are doing handling all the cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Our vacuum cleaner is yellow which is the reason why Mrs Gonzo won't do the cleaning (or so she says).

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I do do much of the cleaning (if I left it to the missus the house would resemble Dracula's cess pit) and have never noticed what colour the vaccuum cleaner is. Are there any anti-discrimination laws I should be aware of?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    100% of male circus dwarves know.

You had to be there !!!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Purple and clear plastic

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    100% of Giant Alien Lizards with OCD know that one vacuum cleaner is a sort of purpley red colour, another one is green with gold writing on it, and the third one is yellow and battery powered.

I'm very sad really.

I like the first one coz you can see the dirt going around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around.
    zeity, you crack me up

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    From Steve Wright just now:

"A survey has reported that 57% of men don't know what colour their vacuum cleaner is".

Mine's orange.

Discuss.
    100% of male circus dwarves know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X