• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hurricane Dean - The Truth"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Aye W

Uncanny - the other day I made an announcement to our tiresome users (sorry Customers) over the company tannoy system - only for one girl to mention that I sounded like Bob Harris - and I'm not even English - as ye ken fine.
    I knew that. I use the CUK Sound-O-Vision feature.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    And Alf, your posts are like episodes of the Old Grey Whistle Test. With whispering Bob whatever his name was.
    Aye W

Uncanny - the other day I made an announcement to our tiresome users (sorry Customers) over the company tannoy system - only for one girl to mention that I sounded like Bob Harris - and I'm not even English - as ye ken fine.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Was Bob a Hoarse Whisperer? Or is that Bob Redford?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    And Alf, your posts are like episodes of the Old Grey Whistle Test. With whispering Bob whatever his name was.
    Bob Harris.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Just what the truth is - you'll know in the End

Hurricane Alf ?

Well I never !

I'll HUFF and I'll PUFF and I'll blow you all away !

You are like a hurricane
    There's calm in your eye.
    And I'm gettin' blown away

To somewhere safer
    where the feeling stays.
    I want to love you but
    I'm getting blown away.

I am just a dreamer,
    but you are just a dream,
    You could have been
    anyone to me.

Before that moment
    you touched my lips
    That perfect feeling
    when time just slips

Away between us
    on our foggy trip.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I like NickyG. He's class!
    People (?) like him are what makes CUK great.

Me too. His posts are like episodes of Coronation Street.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    As the natural heir of Nostradmaus (I have the same birthday, is that just a coincidence?) I can only agree entirely. A very wise post.

I think it also matters what a hurricane is called, this one was called Dean and was therefore a total disappointment as one would expect for a hurricane with such a horrible chavy sort of name. Even better, they should have called it Wayne and then it probably would not have bothered to get out of bed at all except on Thursday to collect its dole money.

PS Since it is perfectly true that the second coming will be in 2012 why are we bothering with the Olympics?
    Which 2012, we use the Gregorian calender which is wrong.
    Don't take my word for it google it

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I like NickyG. He's class!
    People (?) like him are what makes CUK great.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    As the natural heir of Nostradmaus (I have the same birthday, is that just a coincidence?) I can only agree entirely. A very wise post.

I think it also matters what a hurricane is called, this one was called Dean and was therefore a total disappointment as one would expect for a hurricane with such a horrible chavy sort of name. Even better, they should have called it Wayne and then it probably would not have bothered to get out of bed at all except on Thursday to collect its dole money.

PS Since it is perfectly true that the second coming will be in 2012 why are we bothering with the Olympics?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 21 August 2007, 21:11.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Oi! were trying to sleep in here
    We're

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Oi! we're trying to sleep in here
    Last edited by Diver; 21 August 2007, 17:34.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Is this thing on? (tap tap)

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicky G View Post
    The first direct effects have already begun in recent years. For anyone who wishes neither to see nor to hear this, and who does not perceive how ridiculous it is still to maintain that all the extraordinary things which have already happened are of everyday occurrence, there is naturally no help.
    So you paste your tripe on here then don't respond to the questions post to it - my god you are Chico/CD*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X